Manager, Business Application Specialist (2 positions)
IFS Department Background
The Financial Systems & Processes department, also known as, Integrated Financial Solution (IFS), is responsible for delivering world class Enterprise financial reporting and analysis systems. The department is a hybrid business/IS organization structure that brings together staff specializing in several disciplines: IS/IT, project management and business and financial analysis skills.
Key responsibilities of the area are:
Data governance/quality/maintenance/integrity, ongoing operational support (including monitoring, setup, and end user support), application development, supporting global financial process change initiatives and leading change throughout the business units, implementing configuration changes and upgrades to the Lawson/Infor ERP, data marts structures and all other systems supported by IFS.
As the Lawson/Infor ERP is the core of the Finance and Treasury infrastructure the applications are used out-of-the-box with no end user modifications. This allows IFS to maintaining a controlled, reliable, accessible and stable financial reporting environment.
The incumbent will be part of the Financial Processes team working on projects involving new or existing applications and processes. Their primary responsibility is to ensure system solutions based upon the Lawson/Infor ERP and related processes support overall company objectives and ensure the integrity and quality of risk data. This involves vendor/in-house application deployment, enhancements, steady state support, troubleshooting problems, identifying opportunities for increased effectiveness or efficiency in all enterprise Finance and Treasury processes.
- Provide Business Solution and Technical Analysis support by working with the end users to define/refine requirements, support functional/ integration testing, train, and implement solutions in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- Lead the application/solution architecture design using an agile methodology. This would include recommending, designing, developing and implementing solutions that meet business and technical standards and the expectations for the “Single Source” mandate for the global finance/Treasury infrastructure.
- Oversee the design and development of Interfaces and Data Conversions to the Lawson/Infor ERP
- Work with business teams to develop the organization’s capabilities through development of the Lawson ERP solution using the vendor’s most current version of Lawson/Infor Cloud Suite Financials including General Ledger, Cash and Treasury Management (AP, CB, CTM), Asset Management, Projects and Infor Process Automation.
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams, create system mockup screens, reports and presentations as needed.
- Develop models within the platform including: layout, workflow, reporting, notifications, questionnaires, access control, packaging, etc.
- Identify and evaluate alternatives and present the most efficient and cost effective solution.
- Work with the Project Managers and Business Analysts to develop high level project resource plans for project implementations.
- Supervise Business Analyst in the capture and analysis of requirements.
- Work with the IS development team to explain/clarify business requirements/rationale to help create solutions that meet business needs.
- Proactively resolve issues by consulting various stakeholders
- Communicate effectively to all levels of the management to report project status and critical issues requiring their attention
- Create and maintain thorough and accurate project documentation (including functional and technical design specifications) according to existing project management methodologies
- Lead testing by preparing required test plans/matrices and executing functional and system integration testing of the application
- Ensure that the issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in a timely manner
- Project manage small to medium initiatives associated with the Lawson/Infor ERP (as required) according to the established project management methodologies
- Support ad-hoc analysis to identify root cause of production problems and develop timely solutions
- Enhancement of existing production tools / processes to leverage the Lawson/Infor ERP functionality
- Interact professionally with clients and business areas to provide a high quality of service.
- Experience with the Lawson/Infor ERP platform (minimum V9)
- Five to eight years of professional experience in finance/business analysis/project management function
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced/dynamic environment while managing multiple priorities
- Ability to independently learn new systems / technology
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change
- Strong understanding of the system design and architecture concepts including service oriented architecture.
- Ability to define technical specifications based on client business requirements or functional specifications from business analysts.
- Advanced Excel skills
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of June 30, 2017, we had over $1 trillion (US$780 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.Category: