Data Integration Architect
Data discovery, data transformation, data marts – what do they all need? Data integration capabilities to unlock the data in systems of record!
We are looking for a dynamic Data Architect with experience building Data Integration / ETL Architecture, leveraging industry best practices / standards to help build our data integration capabilities in the Information Management practice.
We think you would be a great fit if:
- You love the challenge of building something new
- You understand technical capabilities and data movement technologies and can translate that thinking to practical steps to get us there
- You have expert knowledge in Data Movement technologies, particularly the Informatica products
- Your design and communication skills are stellar and appropriate to the audience
- You guide and assist productive teams – people trust your knowledge
- You love to learn
What you will be doing:
- You will be a key part of the Data Supply Services delivery team.
- You will define strategies and develop/deliver solutions and processes for managing enterprise-wide data throughout the data lifecycle from capture to processing to usage across all layers of the application architecture. Specifically, you will have significant knowledge and expertise with the Informatica product suite with knowledge of other technologies to drive strategic data decisions.
- You will provide technical leadership to the application development group on the use of data integration architecture and use of Canonical data models.
- You will assist in the development and implementation of various strategic initiatives around ETL Processes, Meta Data Management, Data Quality, Data Architecture Policies, Data Security, Standards and Governance.
- You will participate in data architecture design and review processes, including planning and monitoring efforts, reviewing deliverables, and communicating to management.
- You will engage in multiple projects simultaneously.
- You will participate in the development and maintenance of conceptual, logical and physical data models and artifacts for large complex operational systems employing deep system integration and SOA architectures.
- You will interpret and deliver plans that specify strategy and improve data integration, data quality and data delivery in support of big data business initiatives and roadmaps to achieve results.
- Contribute to analysis, solution design, development and implementation of operational and data warehouse projects.
- You will develop data standards, best practices, processes, and definitions of project and data requirements in support of strategy and ongoing operational support
- Successfully partner with Shared Services to leverage central design, standard blueprints and patterns.
- You will adhere to Global Information Risk Management policies and standards.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of March 31, 2017, we had $1 trillion (US$754 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26.3 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
We need you to have a number of these:
- You have worked in IT for at least 10 years with at least 5 years directly involved in data management services with at least 5 years’ experience with data design and data architecture.
- Minimum of 2 years of strong project management and delivery experience leading large scale Information Management/Enterprise Data Management engagements through all phases of the project lifecycle including: requirements gathering, business case development, estimating, planning, application and architecture design, application and architecture development and all phases of testing
- You are exceptionally familiar with the data management landscape and have been deeply involved with ETL and similar data integration projects. You have exceptional skills and experience with the Informatica product suite (including DIH, CDC, and all related tools).
- You are service oriented, execution focus, and collaborative.
- You are a thought leader with respect to the function of driving innovation, identification and resolution of complex issues.
- You build relationships and create synergies across the organization to enable cost effective, innovative shared solutions.
- You understand the business strategy and how technology can “enable” it.
- You are a strong technical contributor, recognizing technology patterns and solutions are second nature to you.
- You are highly effective communicating, influencing and negotiating with all levels within an organization.
- You can be agile and proactive, you like having your hands on the keyboard
- You have successfully worked and collaborated with vendor partners
- You love learning and champion change
- You are fun to be around and WOW, can we count on you
Location: This position is available in our Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario locationCategory: