Group Functions Financial Systems provides support for the financial reporting function using systems like the general ledger and other reporting tools. We are now looking to hire an Application Developer/Systems Analyst to join our dedicated team of IT professionals.
The primary responsibility is to work in conjunction with other members of the development team and to interact professionally with clients and business areas to provide a high quality of service.
These services vary in nature and involve gathering business requirements to develop systems designs, developing and testing technical solutions, managing technical changes, troubleshooting problems and responding to client requests. There is also an ongoing need to streamline complex processes and improve upon existing financial reporting solutions which include OLAP systems, automated programs, and interactive on-line systems.
• Effectively work on complex systems projects to develop new solutions and enhance existing processes for financial reporting in a large dynamic client server & intranet web environment. This includes batch and end user reporting tools designed to meet business requirements.
• Apply technical and business knowledge to identify, analyze and solve systems problems.
• Ensure new initiatives are consistent with existing data structures and standards.
• Effectively migrate and transition the support of newly developed solutions.
• Support the team responsible for steady state maintenance and enhancement of existing production processes.
• Interact professionally with clients and internal business areas to provide a high quality of service when troubleshooting issues or responding to queries.
• Collaborate proficiently with external service providers and internal change & problem management teams.
• Support requests for ad-hoc report executions or minor report modifications for business changes.
• Create and maintain thorough and accurate documentation of systems and procedures for on-call support staff.Qualifications
Technical Skills / Working Experience :
• 1+ years of demonstrated systems experience working with the following:
• Object Oriented Programming
• SQL language
• Data Warehouse methodologies and dimensional modelling
• Relational Database
• HTML, XML and industry standard parsers
• Business Intelligent software / Oracle Hyperion Essbase / Multi-dimensional Datamarts. OBIEE
• Unix and Unix scripting
• Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• Batch scheduling tools
• FTP processes and networked interfaces
• Highly organized.
• Capable self-starter who takes initiative and is able to learn new technology / tool.
• Task focused with strong drive to complete high quality work on schedule.
• Team player who can juggle several items of work simultaneously, always completing priority items on time.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Working knowledge of financial systems, particularly General Ledger and Accounts Payable are an asset.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of March 31, 2017, we had $1 trillion (US$754 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26.3 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.Category: