Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet Business partners and understand Business requirements
- Plan to collect, analysis and consult Business requirements (included non functional requirements)
- Submit (documentation) and review Business requirements with Project Manager/BA Manager
- Release, control Business requirement proposal and get sign off by Business owner(s)
- Walk through Business requirements and relevant development documentation with Development team
- Create Business cases and system scenarios
- Support Development team during coding, testing (unit test, integration test) and request for change
- Communicate, manage Business partners on testing plan and sign off UAT (User Acceptance Test)
- Follow and update issues, problems that can impact Business requirements and systems
- Prepare weekly report update on Business requirements statuses to Project Manager/Head of IT-BA
- Complete User manual/guide for Business requirements and systems
- Negotiation Skill
- Excellent Customer service orientation
- Good Bias for Action
- Good Interpersonal Sensitivity
- Good Development and Learning orientation
- At least 3 working years with BA role for financial areas
- as Insurance or Banking.
- IT application knowledge is required
- Experienced managing Projects or Change control
- MS offices (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project Management, Visio)
- Object oriented design (UML or relevant)
- Business partners (Agencies Development and Operation, Insurance Operation)
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.