- Develop advanced analytics models in order to maximize ROI, revenue and overall profitability.
- Perform needs analysis with business area (understand business problem & generate hypotheses)
- Explore, generate & source data relevant to the hypothesis(internal, external, 3rd party)
- Create, assess, evaluate & Iteratively improve models
- Calculate model impact/ROI
- Peer review other Data scientists work
- Leverage sound judgment, balancing analysis effort versus incremental improvement
2. Measure & communicate analytic results & impact of analytics models
- Implement measurement & documentation framework against all project work
- Generate insights in such a way that the businesses can clearly understand the quantifiable value. Enable the business to make clear trade-offs between and among choices, with a reasonable view into the most likely outcomes of each.
- Turn statistical and computational analysis into user-friendly graphs, charts, and animation. Enable those who aren’t professional data analysts to effectively interpret data. Ability to communicate results and educate others through reports and presentations
3. Provide thought leadership around analytics methodology, tools, and measurement
- Innovate & find creative ways to source & leverage data to support modeling efforts, leveraging structured & unstructured data, and big data technologies.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop tools and services such as modeling, dashboard development, decision aids and business case analysis to drive innovation, strategic initiatives and recommend solutions.
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Engineering or other related discipline (post-grad preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years experience, specifically in statistical/data analysis and data mining, predictive modeling, cluster analysis, and optimization
- Proficient in Python, R, SAS, SQL, Java, VBA
- Track of record of delivering innovative analytical insights
- Strong commitment to organizational success and team work
- Adaptable and open to change with strong collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated data transformation & manipulation experience
- Insurance/Financial Services Experience desired
- Experience with Big Data platforms desired
- Experience with analysis of unstructured data desired