Service Desk Analysts act as the single point of contact for phone calls, emails, and chats from users regarding any IT related issues and queries. He should be able to provide the first level of support to end-users and escalate to Tier 2 if it is outside support boundaries. Some issues being handled are account related issues (e.g. password reset/unlock), computer related issues, and application issues.
- Provide first level of support from in-house software to hardware, such as laptops, desktops, printers, mobile devices (e.g. iPhones, iPad, and Blackberrys).
- Ensure service calls from customers are addressed accurately and in a timely fashion, with emphasis on customer care.
- Log tickets into Service Desk ticket tracking system called Service Now.
- Ensure that the North American Service Desk Mailbox is routinely monitored and that all inquiries and requests are actioned in line with the Service Desk Operational Performance Targets.
- Escalate complex problems to second level support as directed by process and clients.
- Participate in writing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information and provide staff training if required.
- Reset network or application passwords according to the End User Support policy.
- Issue company service bulletins regarding software and hardware outages (also known as Priority 2 issues)
- Bachelor’s degree in any computer related course.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Lotus Notes, Active Directory and a variety of other applications.
- Technical service experience and strong customer service orientation
- Experience in support of a dynamic Service Desk environment covering desktop and application troubleshooting
- Excellent attendance record
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks by business need in a timely fashion
- Ability to work in minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a complex and fast-paced work environment
- Solid Decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with emphasis on detail and follow-up
- Knowledge of Service Now is a plus
- Experience in Service Desk related field
- An ITIL qualification is a plus