About Manulife Manulife is a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Clients look to Manulife for strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. Our international network of employees, agents and distribution partners offers financial protection and wealth management products and services to millions of clients. We also provide asset management services to institutional customers. Funds under management by Manulife and its subsidiaries were approximately C$ 888 billion (US$663 billion) as at September 30, 2015. Our group of companies operates as Manulife in Canada and Asia and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as 'MFC' on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under '945' on the SEHK. Manulife can be found on the Internet at manulife.com.
- Plan, design, and develop content for programs and modules that build up a training portfolio aligned with Operations initiatives and career development of employees.
- Responsible in delivering product orientation, systems and process training to the Operations team.
- Monitor the participation of employees in internal and external training offerings.
- Manage the training budget to ensure proper allocation to different training needs across Operations.
- Handle training logistics e.g. reservation of training rooms, exams, materials needed, training updates and feedback.
- Conducts regular training needs analysis to monitor and review the relevance of the training content and work with peers and other stakeholders for improvement of the training programs
- Keeps current in training trends and techniques and apply these to his trainings
- Manage multiple learning and development initiatives across Operations
- Participates in various Operations functions and projects that may or not be training-related
- Regularly review relevance of the set of tools needed to document, measure, monitor and control the trainings for the company, and recommend changes as deemed suited for the Operations goal/organization strategy.
- Travels to provincial branches, when necessary, to conduct trainings to Customer Service Officers.
- Perform other tasks whenever necessary
- University degree holder with at least 5 years of training work experience. It is preferable that candidate is from the life insurance industry, or has experience doing product/system training
- Is well-versed in the training design and implementation cycle to allow him to conceptualize, design, deliver and review for improvement the training programs
- Excellent and effective communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, training and coaching skills
- Outstanding negotiation skill
- Customer Oriented approach
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and strong work ethics