Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
As a member of the Global Network Security Operations Team, the Security Operations Analyst, Asia is a highly motivated, results-oriented expert who will be responsible for optimally operating network security products globally with special emphasis throughout the Asia region. Network security products include Firewalls, IPSs / IDSs, web security gateways and proxies, url filtering and advanced threat protection systems e.g. FireEye. Support of these products is delivered inhouse and through a mix of outsourced partners / teams. This role will liaison with all business units requesting firewall changes to ensure smooth, end to end execution of changes. This role also participates in projects to enable trouble free roll-out of new applications and functionality as required by the business. The Network Security Analyst will also be responsible to support systems off-hours in case of an incident / problem or a change that requires to be done off-hours to avoid business impact or occasionally for meetings / work related in other geographic regions. Expert level knowledge and experience on installing, configuring and maintaining Firewalls, Proxies, Gateways, Intrusion Prevention and Detection systems, Advanced Malware Threat Protection systems etc. The person will manage the work load and priorities as per business requirements. The position will report to Manager, Network Security Operations Asia.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Working with business requirement holders to ascertain necessary information is available to make necessary changes on the security infrastructure to safely deliver business needs.
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the engineering, architecting, and provisioning of Perimeter Security, Intrusion Prevention and Detection, Web Access Security Gateways,
- Advanced Threat Protection systems and services.
- Transforms business requirements into system specifications, document implementation designs / configurations and manage systems accordingly.
- Provides analysis and consulting on:
Standards and Policies
Network Solutions & Security
- Maintains operational metrics for management reporting.
Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years’ hands-on knowledge and experience installing, configuring and supporting Firewalls, especially CheckPoint, Juniper and Cisco ASA.
- ISO 27000/NIST/SANS Cyber Security Controls background
- Strong, hands-on on FW implementation, configuration, management and support, especially on CheckPoint, Juniper, MacAfee, IBM, FireEye and BlueCoat, ZScaler systems.
- Working knowledge on network security systems, e.g. web access security, url filtering, anti-malware / advance threat protection, proxies, DLP etc.
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite, network IP subnetting, switching and routing
- Complete familiarity with ITIL processes – Incident, Problem, Change etc. – experience on ServiceNow tool beneficial.
- Ability to work with team members located remotely and to leverage multiple service and / or outsourcing providers
- Comfortable to work closely with several teams within the Information Services area as well with the business team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, take initiative, manage time and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work off-hours, as required
- Some business travel may be required
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.