Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
HKIS develops and supports systems spanning across company front office to back office, our team composes of over hundred local staff partnering with development partners from regional/global office, local and offshore vendors, to compose a pool of highly competent resource.
- Responsible to oversees the regular system release, system maintenance & upgrade project for in-house insurance application systems;
- Responsible for project scoping, resources planning, project status monitoring & reporting and project risk mitigation;
- Leading the local & offshore development team to manage user requirement, support system design, development, quality assurance, SIT, UAT and system implementation;
- Comply with standards of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC);
Support production on-call;
- Ensure system quality, compliance and security controls which conform to company standards.
Experience & Qualification
- University/polytechnic graduate in any computer related discipline;
- At least 7 years' relevant work experience with in: Managing small to medium scale project; Leading a sizable team, preferably with a mixture of local & offshore developers; Vendor Management
- Hand-on experience in Oracle, PL/SQL development is a must
- Experience in Oracle forms & report, IBM AIX Unix, .NET is an advantage
- Experience in life insurance industry preferred;
- Stakeholder and people management;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Proactive, self-motivated and adapted to changes;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good command of English and Chinese, both spoken and written;
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight schedules.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.