- Responsible for version management, build, deployment activities on multiple platforms.
- Provide in depth Management tool(s) administration including security, capacity planning, maintenance, desktop/client and scripting .
- Create and follow documented procedures to fulfill service requests.
- Establish new procedures and creating new environments to support new systems.
- Estimate and plan work efforts and provide regular status on planned activities
- Manage and execute service requests appropriately to fulfill service requests within a defined scope and time frame.
- Escalate service or documentation issues to Release Manager.
- Provide status reporting and statistics on issues, service request volumes, response time, resolution time and backlog as required by to Release Manager.
- Tool Administration
- Implement and follow best practices for product support and troubleshooting.
- Create administration and support documentation.
- Participate in quarterly audits.
- Provide user administration and code deployment support.
- Provide general code management tools administration.
- Manage Tortoise Packaging using Subversion tool.
- Create scripts, native commands and/or GUIs to deploy code as defined in the deployment request
- Support Upgrades and Patches
- Participate in upgrades, testing, installing and configuring upgraded software for end users.
- Implement and test tool software patches.
- Perform verification testing for server and security patches.
- Monitor logs and disk space,
- Resolving build and deployment issues with application team.
- Ability to troubleshoot NAS share mounts/issues
- Resolving Platform related incidents
- Provide training to new team members.
- Conduct teams quality checking.
- Assume the role of mentor, teacher, and advisor responsible for developing more junior staff members
- Documentation Ownership
- Updates any changes to operational procedures and process.
- Meetings and Communication
- Ability to participate in team meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- Proven decision making, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities in development and production settings.
- Excellent analytic and organizational skills with strong ability to handle multiple activities and priorities simultaneously.
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision and to thrive in a fast paced environment, across multiple and diverse systems groups.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong English communication skills both verbal and written.
- 5 years+ broad based technical experience in a software development environment with exposure to multiple platforms, databases and scripting languages.
- Should be able to install and troubleshoot Build Agents in Team City
- Knowledgeable on installing necessary Plug-ins in Team City.
- Ability to apply RulePacks in Fortify
- Troubleshoot Scan issues in Fortify
- Expertly on reviewing and monitoring the OS logs.
- Solid understanding of UNIX (Solaris/AIX) and Windows environments.
- Solid experience with scripting Kshell or Perl for UNIX and Perl for Windows.
- Basic knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Working or hands-on experience of Software Configuration Management (SCM) such as Visual Source Safe, AccuRev, ChangeMan, Code Co-op or ClearCase.
- Good experience with RDBMS (Oracle/DB2/SQL Server) SQL.
- Must have strong customer service orientation
Tools Specific Knowledge
- MS Office Applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Access Control Plus
- Business Object
Nice to Have:
Any experience with any of these tools: Clearcase, PVCS, CVS, Informatica, Business Object, ChangeMan, Mainframe, VB.NET, C#, TomCat Web Server and Services, Sun Solaris, Web Servers, ODBC, or scheduling tools use or administration would be a plus.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.Category: