Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Job Summary (Primary purpose of this Role):
- Develop sales growth plans with a fact-based approach of competitive analysis, customer segmentation, market attractiveness and product positioning, financial analysis, external and execution risks, potential impact and scenario planning, resource requirements and pricing guidelines
- Work closely with the Head of Product to define and deliver new product offerings; ensure product development priorities are aligned with business and market requirements
- Develop growth strategies and tactics for the portfolio of products and services to drive near-term and long-term profitability
Contribute to customer segmentation development and hold accountability for aligning marketing efforts to segmentation objectives
- Create effective marketing assets that ensure the mass-affluent message is distributed across channels and to targeted audiences.
- Identify and build the necessary core capabilities to deliver against strategies and opportunities as appropriate
- Provide oversight and direction to agency and vendor partners and ultimately hold accountability for their performance
- Innovate and implement tactics that deliver messaging through newer platforms, e.g. mobile platforms, video, social media to increase volume while preserving efficiency.
- Responsible for the effective allocation and use of the marketing budget and growing marketing spend
- Manage team of functional professionals as well as complex agency relationship(s)
- Authority and responsibility for major strategic marketing decisions with 2-3 year implications
- 7-10 years of well-rounded marketing or business development experience, with at least 7 years leading acquisition-marketing efforts and executing marketing programs
- Financial services knowledge required, insurance experience preferred
- Experience with and proven ability to successfully work in a matrixed organization with strong dotted line relationships across functions and consultants
- Broad experience in accelerating growth in a fast cycle business/start-up environment where both products and the user experience/customer expectations are changing rapidly
- Demonstrated strong business acumen with the leadership and functional ability to define and implement growth strategies (market, channel, pricing, portfolio assessment, etc.)
- Proven ability to expand penetration of products and services into new markets, segments, geographies
- Deep understanding of the linkages between marketing effectiveness and operational capability/performance
- Superb analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated track record of passionate and effective customer advocacy
- Excellent knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- Collaboration: Fosters productive working relationships to produce superior results, build beneficial networks and achieve collective business goals
- Compelling Communication: Expresses ideas and shares information clearly and concisely, modifies approach as necessary and builds (rational/emotional) connection with others
- Influence and Persuasion: Moves others towards a point of view without authority by communicating expectations and using compelling rationale
- Technology Savvy: Leverages technology to plan, innovate, measure results, interact and engage with customers to create value and impact business resultsLtech results.
- Executing with Excellence: Pursues excellence in planning and delivering sustainable results
- Solution Focused: Owns assigned tasks from inception to resolution, makes timely decisions and recommendations
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife
John Hancock is a division of Manulife, a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Operating as Manulife in Canada and Asia, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States, our group of companies offers clients a diverse range of financial protection products and wealth management services through its extensive network of employees, agents and distribution partners. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were over $1 trillion (US$780 billion) as of June 30, 2017. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
The John Hancock unit, through its insurance companies, comprises one of the largest life insurers in the United States. John Hancock offers and administers a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, long-term care insurance, college savings, and other forms of business insurance. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V