Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Manulife Bank of Canada’s Intake Team is looking for an experienced and adaptable Senior Business Analyst. The incumbent must be comfortable working in a fast paced and frequently changing business environment, and have the ability to lead project teams by following Canadian Division Project Management practices. As a member of the Intake Team, the successful candidate will work closely with project sponsors and key stakeholders of the following areas: Finance, Marketing, Operations, Risk, Legal, Compliance, IT, as well as cross division business units.
• Lead intake activities to follow Project Management Framework and complete project deliverables in planning phase
• Work closely with project sponsor, subject matter experts, stakeholders and solution group to ensure that the optimal project and solution approaches are identified
• Establish project plan and manage multiple initiatives with defined timelines
• Provide support on high level requirements with a focus on requirements that will have a significant influence on the architecture & design of proposed solutions
• Ensure that risks are appropriately identified, prioritized and mitigated to levels acceptable to management
• Comprehend key business drivers and solution business needs with innovative, visionary and appropriate tactical and strategic solutions
• Monitor project progress and communicate effectively to project sponsor and project team in a timely manner
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with the Bank business unit and other IT departments across Manulife
• Flexible and adaptable when dealing with changes; provide guidance and leadership to project team to address escalations and to resolve project issues
• Promote open communication and transparency
• Collaborate with project team members and staff within Manulife and promote strong team building
• Ensure project audit requirements are met
• Utilize Canadian Division Project Management Office project tools and templates to track project details, progress, resources and financials
• Manage ad hoc tasks and adapt quickly in a fast changing environment
• Provide constructive feedbacks/recommendations to enhance process efficiency
• Minimum 5-7 years of project management and consulting experience supporting complex, medium to large size projects;
• Ability to present and explain project information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding at all levels
• Strong interpersonal skill in areas such as teamwork, influencing, facilitation and negotiation that will foster and build productive relationships
• Ability to quickly comprehend new process, technologies, assess the impact and potential value for the organization with positive thinking mind-set
• Exceptional planning and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple initiatives and prioritize accordingly
• Innovative problem solving skills with the ability to identify and resolve complex project issues
• Ability to balance tactical needs with strategic objectives
• Ability to conceptualize and communicate creative solutions
• Knowledge of Business and Systems Analysis, Design, IS applications and Project Management Methodologies
• Demonstrate customer-centric mindset, being customer focused and strategic thinking
• Excellent communication (both written and oral), presentation, facilitation and influencing skills.
Nice to Have:
• Experience in the financial services industry, particularly the banking industry.
• Post-secondary degree or equivalent
• Working knowledge of Portfolio Plus, AWD and RepSource
• Understanding of banking industry standards
• Understanding of the financial/banking regulatory environment
• PMP and/or IIBA Certification (CBAP or CCBA) completed or in progress
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of June 30, 2017, we had over $1 trillion (US$780 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.Category: