Application Development and Support
- Perform baseline, system, integration, regression, shakedown, pre-UAT, UAT, and other types of testing
- Prepare test plans and test cases as per the requirement of the project and perform the test as per the test plan, raise issues to respective application team and perform re-test of the fixes/resolution and update the issues log for future reference
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of software testing strategies and plans
- Liaise with IT Application Development and Production Support teams to resolve technical issues during SIT and UAT. Deep dive and carry out technical discussions with local, regional and global IT teams to come up with workable solution to move forward
- Partner with Local and IT Regional teams, other stakeholders in triaging and prioritizing defects during SIT and UAT.
- Establish and adhere to DevOps practices to maximize automation and continuous delivery practices including comprehensive testing automation.
- Provide functional leadership in one or more development teams or pods
- Collaborate with the Manulife IT and Operations team to build an ‘exciting and innovative’ culture within the teams across Asia that strives to be best in market and customer focused
- Participate/lead in cross training and up skilling activities in the team
- Help onboard, train, and mentor new members in the team
- Ensure transparency in PH IS Operations through accurate reporting of the testing team’s KPIs and metrics.
- Serve as a middle man between IT and business to effectively translate IT jargons to plain simple English in a timely and clear fashion.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Quality Assurance Testing which may include Manual, Automated, and Performance Testing with a University Degree or College Diploma
- Experience in the testing of solutions developed using a broadly implemented technology stack
- Experience in delivering projects from inception through to post-implementation warranty using waterfall and agile project management methodologies.
- Experience in managing and delivering projects involving stakeholders from multiple locations
- Experience in different types of testing (Manual, Automated, and Performance)
- Experience in DevOps Tools: Test Management Tools, JIRA, SharePoint, O365
- Any of the following will be an advantage:
- Scrum Master Certification
- Insurance Industry experience
- Working knowledge of business intelligence, business process, and/or correspondence management platforms and integrating systems via API/web services.