- Perform in Sylvan daily and monthly calculation, reconciliation, control and outlier reporting of performance for assigned client’s portfolios, and benchmarks
- Address Business queries and provide explanations for performance fluctuations and anomalies
- Import Data and export function automation and to verify, maintain the security, portfolio static & dynamic data
- Debug errors Import batch processing, Security level attribution, Composite Portfolio and Data transformation
- Analyze, understand and prepare Portia Reports specification and Interface Design with writing the technical design document and development as per business requirements
- Develop and test of complex Portia calculations and Provide assistance in portfolio accounting system data calculation related business queries
- Develop and configure external Portia Tables and database view to support Portia Reports.
- Prepare functional specifications, testing, deployment and other support activities.
- Assist in preparing and presenting tactical and strategic plans for developing, integrating and supporting systems
- Contribute to application and technical architecture plans and participate in reviews
- Maintain consistent development methodology, processes and templates, documentation and audit requirements, application code management and testing tools and strategies
- Engage on and challenging requirements while designing solutions based on technical knowledge of web, applications and database architectures
- Employ efficient development processes to produce high quality, maintainable solutions
- Keep abreast of current standards, technologies, approaches and methodologies
- Participate in re-factoring existing code for greater stability, consistency and maintainability.
- Apply the concept of continuous improvement
- Focus on the growing client demand for enhanced trading and reporting support.
- Minimum five years of experience in Portia and Sylvan products
- Minimum four years in relational database modeling and data warehousing using MS SQL server
- Minimum of two years of experience with Informatica.
- Experience in financial back or middle office processing
- Minimum five years of Financial Application support experience
- Applicable undergraduate degree or Designation in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Ability to understand the business processing requirements and through the use of technology, conceptualize creative solutions to implement them
- Ability to manage time within a matrixed organization and able to effectively multitask
- Excellent communication (both written and oral)
- Action oriented, creative and proactive thinker
Business address - 200 Bloor Street East, Toronto, ON, M4W 1E5
Salary range - $90,000 - $100,000
Benefits - Extended health Benefits and DC plan
For questions, please contact Anne Issartel: firstname.lastname@example.org
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife