Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
After 20 years in the making, the IASB has published the new accounting standard for insurance contracts, IFRS 17. This represents the most significant change to financial reporting requirements ever undertaken by the insurance industry. Are you looking for such a once in a lifetime challenge to develop? Are you prepared to maximize the opportunities for the company and ultimately help our customers achieving their dreams and aspirations?
The team will lead the implementation of IFRS 17 in Manulife's insurance operations in the Asia Division, drive the training of IFRS 17 to the countries, work with various areas to assess the financial and business implications of the new standard and provide the information necessary for senior management to understand and assess the implications of certain policy decisions. This role will lead and drive results on all these areas.
- Become a subject matter expert on IFRS 17
- Drive and conduct trainings of IFRS 17 to the local business units and other related areas
- Lead the financial and business impact assessment of Asia and co-ordinate with other areas where required
- Drive the implementation through working collaboratively and communicate effectively with various areas such as finance, capital management, pricing and product development, etc.
- Support local business units in discussion with regulators and within insurance industry in Manulife’s interpretation of the standards
- Key contributor in developing the valuation system requirements for IFRS 17
- Degree holder with professional actuarial qualifications such as FSA, FIA or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years' of relevant working experience in insurance industry
- Solid actuarial knowledge and experience in valuation, financial reporting, pricing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to work with complex financial issues and concepts
- Strong technical/modeling skills, knowledge or experience in Microsoft
- Access, FoxPro, VBA, AXIS an asset
- Attention to detail
- Good communication and relationship skills
- Always demonstrate initiatives and commitment, and able to work independently
- Able to manage multiple and conflicting requests from various parties
- Effective command of English, both spoken and written
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.