Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Global IRM Shared Services provides operationalized risk and security services to the Manulife enterprise. The Manila GAM Asia service manager reports to the Director, Global IRM Shared Services, and is responsible for delivering the Global Access Management service for Asia operations.
- Primarily be responsible for day-to-day management of the Manila GAM Asia operations either as a direct report or through Team Leaders.
- Supports global GIRM strategy and direction while facilitating governance, proving oversight and analysis for Divisional technology risk domain activities Develop strategies that will create and improve systems, applications, databases and reporting templates.
- Adhere to Service Level Agreements with Manulife Business Units and provide means to monitor and improve the technology services delivery output.
- Deploy strategic and tactical initiatives and plans to deliver the different technical services requirements.
- Establish a strong relationship with Manulife Business Units in managing and growing the business further, proactively addressing operational issues and concerns and implementing mitigating steps to prevent recurrence of similar issues in the future.
- Ensure the Global Access Director is aware of all issues concerning staffing.
- Ensure Manila GAM NA staff are trained according to Standards and Policies as outlined by Centre of Excellence
- Responsible for promoting Team Unity within MBPS.
Other Job Functions:
- Responsible for Service Delivery, Governance, Reports and Management Escalation.
- Actively influence, negotiate and collaborate with various stakeholders across the company to meet objectives and deliverables. Effectively communicate with business unit leaders and counterparts and key stakeholdersDevelop and maintain project plans, resource utilization schedules and budget materials for operational activities.
- People management, setting team & individual objectives, delivering performance reviews, and facilitating skill & knowledge development.
- Management & ongoing advancement, improvement & maturing of services supporting MBPS and the different Manulife Business Units.
- Ensure compliance to work process standards and guidelines.
- Adhere to operational service targets and ensure a high level of service is maintained; ensure that service level agreement (SLA) is met or exceeded and teams conform to company metrics.
- Collaborate with Senior Management on strategic planning, leadership and identifying opportunities for the business to improve performance and determine strategic operational direction.
- Dedicated focus to build out an effective and efficient operation through the creation of new strategies/tactics which will increase operational effectiveness and motivate teams to achieve service excellence.
- Ensure that assigned initiatives are completed within budgets and schedules while meeting client and business objectives
- Identify resource needs for the initiative and establish roles, expectations, and goals with team members
- Translate operational business strategy into workable plans / projects for team execution while setting clear direction, processes, resource allocation and accountabilities
- Use detailed planning processes, anticipate and allocate resource needs appropriately and define key accountability for the team.
- Other Duties and Responsibilities assigned by the immediate manager.
Minimum Skills Requirement to Hire:
- Degree Holder in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or a similar course.
- At least 3-5 years of Progressive IT Supervisory or Manager Experience.
- With experience in overseeing large teams with complex IT technologies.
- Infrastructure background with experience in managing in-house and vendor provided services including contracts management, infrastructure disciplines in mainframe, distributed Intel and Unix Systems, storage, security, business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Knowledge in IT Service Management and other process frameworks (ITIL V3)
- With experience in managing finances, costs, revenue and budget.
- Experience in any of the following technical skills:
- Windows Server and Systems Administration (Active Directory, Print/File Server, DHCP/DNS, etc)
- Technical Helpdesk, Applications Support or IT/IS Support
- Knowledge in Problem, Incident and Change management
- Project Management Skills
- Proficient in PC troubleshooting
- Advance Skills in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint preferred
- BPMN or workflow modeling applications.
- Preferred: Microsoft, ITIL, A+, Cisco Certifications
- Proven leadership & people/talent management capabilities.
- Able to function as an organizational change agent and see beyond current situations towards enterprise-wide higher level process and systems improvements
- Demonstrated project management & planning skills; balances strategic skills with tactical execution skills
- Strong motivational, developmental & operational management skills
- Strong consulting, and negotiation skills; ability to function effectively within matrix management situations & under dynamic mandates
- Strong analytical & metrics management skills
- Strong communication skills - verbal, written & presentation; ability to adapt content to various audiences; communicates effectively at all organization levels
- Proven interpersonal skills: ability to build relationships, engage and influence others, work with a diverse internal and international customer base
- Strong attention to details and services accuracy.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent in data collection, summarization and data analysis skills.
- Ability to work independently and act professionally at all times.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.Category: