Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
This is an exciting time for Manulife Financial and we are looking for talented and innovative individuals to join our team. The Financial Process team is responsible for driving transformation projects within Cdn Finance as well as providing support for Manulife’s strategic projects. Our department leads projects, assesses and manages project impacts, and identifies and executes on improvement opportunities. The team is multi-disciplinary with expertise in business analysis, project management, accounting, and actuarial. We’re key contributors to changing the way finance works and we’ve got an open spot for a bright & energetic actuary to help lead the charge.
- Lead actuarial process re-engineering within Cdn Finance. This includes:
- Investigating requests and building relationships to identify high-value opportunities
- Collaborating with subject matter experts to understand the problem
- Leading solution design
- Working with technology partners to select most appropriate technology
- Presenting summarized business cases to Cdn Finance leaders
- Coordinating solution implementation
- Provide actuarial support for other projects
- Assessing actuarial and finance impacts
- Defining actuarial requirements
- Advising on solution design
- Developing actuarial project plan
- Contributing to and coordinating development and testing work
- Manage relationships and act as key point of contact for internal clients, stakeholders, and service providers
- Strong understanding of actuarial reporting processes, data discovery and analysis requirements
- Strong knowledge of actuarial calculations, statistics and financial economics methodologies
- Ability to communicate succinctly and without jargon
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer centric attitude
- Demonstrated persuasion, negotiation, and influencing skills
- Results-oriented person with demonstrated initiative
- Ability to program in Python or strong desire to learn
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.