- Leads work to identify valuable process improvement opportunities within Canadian Finance. This includes streamlining or automating processes, shortening reporting cycles, rationalizing financial reporting, enhancing financial tools and capabilities, improving planning and forecasting processes, etc.
- Acts as lead architect for designing new processes, including evaluation of best applicable technologies in conjunction with appropriate Canadian Division or Group technology teams.
- Stay abreast of internal and external developments related to processes & technology and assess their potential applicability to Canadian Division Finance.
- Consult with key stakeholders to perform detailed process mapping, conduct detailed analysis of the current processes and tools in place, perform gap analysis, and assist in the development and implementation of a business plan to enhance performance
- Manage relationships and act as a key point of contact for internal clients, stakeholders and service providers.
- Develop and manage implementation of change management processes
- Provide actuarial support on Canadian Finance projects in order to identify and implement appropriate solutions to business issues through a combination of technology or process re-engineering initiatives.
- Develop project plans and recommend resource requirements. Effectively track and manage project schedule, milestones, scope, cost/benefit, resources, issues, risk, change control etc.
- Actively contribute to the completion of project deliverables, including project charters, requirements gathering and analysis documentation, functional design (e.g., report design, financial model design, and business rules design) and testing deliverables.
- Manage resources such as contractors, vendors and virtual project teams, as required, to achieve business objectives.
- Actuarial designation (ASA/FSA); Process design certifications desirable
- 5+ years of actuarial life insurance experience;
- At least two years of experience in valuation and financial reporting roles (preparing & explaining SoEs) and at least one year of experience leading an actuarial project
- Strong oral/written communication skills required to interact with management and representatives from other Divisions and functional departments. Demonstrated persuasion, negotiation, and influencing skills to effectively manage projects
- Demonstrated competency in management reports development and automation initiatives.
- Experience with process modeling, flowcharting, and productivity improvement methodologies
- Strong business acumen with a solid understanding of financial reporting structures in order to provide meaningful analysis
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with automation and database applications
- Practical problem solving skills and the ability to influence change.
- Self confidence and maturity.