Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Training Specialist/Consultant provides the development, implementation and evaluation of training solutions and programs for Retirement Plan Services sales and sales support roles, with primary focus on the Rollover Education Center and PFS New Business teams. The Specialist/Consultant will provide top quality training to drive performance improvement. The Specialist/Consultant will also have accountability to manage on-line programs across all sales roles as required.
- Build training specific to the skills of Rollover Education Center and PFS New Business teams.
- Participate in needs analysis for develop training strategies, implement development plans, and evaluate and track performance.
- Partner with PFS Managers in identifying training needs, knowledge/skill gaps and determine options, tactics and programs.
- Develop, implement and evaluate training curriculum and supporting materials.
- Provide back up support to other team members as assigned
- Build relationships with counterparts in other John Hancock business units
- Manage enrollment and completion of on-line training programs, (ie new hire compliance programs, e-learning programs, etc) and mandatory licensing and registrations (ie life insurance, Series 7, Series 63)
- Bachelor’s degree and/or experience with adult learning methodologies.
- Experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of training and education programs, preferably within financial services.
- Familiarity in needs analysis, job analysis, performance development and curriculum development.
- Ability to diagnose and recommend training solutions based on business objectives and initiatives.
- Familiarity with a variety of training strategies, methodologies, tools and techniques
- Retirement product and industry knowledge is preferred
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as an effective team player in a fast-paced team environment
- Efficiently and effectively handle changing priorities
- Periodic travel may be required
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife
John Hancock is a division of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers’ needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were over $1 trillion (US$806 billion) as of September 30, 2017. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports approximately 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and college savings plans. We also offer advice through Signator, a network of independent financial advisors. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/VQualificationsCategory: