Will be functioning as the primary subject matter expert on legal matters for Operations, Office Management and Human Resource business partners, and the secondary support to fellow team members on legal matters relating to Products and Investments. This role requires active and effective management of stakeholder relationships, both internal and external.
- Providing primary legal support on all matters relating to Operations, Office Management and Human Resource business partners, including legal advice and contract drafting and reviews.
- Functioning as secondary support on legal matters relating to Products and Investments in support of fellow team members.
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on commercial agreements, internal policies and procedures and ensure that they in compliance with applicable statutory and licensing requirements.
- Providing support and advice on legal risk, litigation, regulatory and contract and negotiation.
- Assessing and identifying the potential risks associated with the matters under the direct management of this role.
- Assisting in ad-hoc projects or assignments as may be determined by the senior management of the Legal and Compliance team.
- Conducting research on legal, corporate governance and regulatory matters as required.
- Effective and efficient management of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum 6-7 PQE as a corporate commercial lawyer in top financial markets law firms, or in-house legal counsel roles in leading life insurance companies.
- Law degree from reputable law school.
- Singapore qualified lawyer.
- Working knowledge of MAS regulations and guidelines
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Good working attitude, team player and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills with fluency in written and spoken English
- A self-starter who is independent and able to take the initiative
- High responsibility, diligence, integrity and professional ethics
- Strong analytical and evaluative skills
- Good drafting skills
- Attentive to detail
Legal & Compliance