The Technology Audit Senior Manager/Manager is accountable for planning, leading and executing various audit engagements over technology, and specifically application security and risk management practices, throughout the Company as part of the global internal audit function at Manulife. The scope of the Manager’s accountabilities includes serving as a subject matter expert to perform risk assessments and develop the audit approach for auditing technology processes – specifically the development, maintenance and support of applications and other related systems and platforms. The candidate would need to be familiar with current and upcoming top risk areas such as Cybersecurity, vulnerability management, mobile and web development, data governance, and cloud-based applications, in addition to business-as-usual processes such as change management and IT operations.
- Serving as a subject matter expert to perform risk assessments and develop the audit approach for auditing technology – specifically the development, maintenance and support of applications and other related systems and platforms.
- Applying knowledge and experience with respect to current and upcoming top risk areas such as Cybersecurity, vulnerability management, mobile and web development, data governance, and cloud-based applications, in addition to business as usual processes such as change management and IT operations, to independently arrive at reasonable expectations regarding an auditee’s control environment while considering the company’s overall risk appetite.
- Producing and communicating meaningful audit reports that clearly articulate the position on key risks and any related issues.
- Innovating and thinking of new ways to approach audit engagements and test work, including the use of data analytics, increasing audit efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- Managing multiple simultaneous projects within time budgets and target dates, reporting any timing problems or budget over-runs to senior management. Lead audit staff working on engagements and review completed files to ensure quality of work completed.
- Keeping abreast of news and developments throughout the Company and externally to continually be aware of and understand current risks and risk areas; bringing this knowledge to bear in the work at hand or to help plan for future audit work.
- University degree, with at least four years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge or prior experience with application development, support, security and/or risk management processes used in large financial institutions (e.g. business lines involving Insurance, Wealth Management, and/or Investments); experience working with or looking at Agile/accelerated solution delivery and/or DevOps processes is a plus.
- Experience working in a client-facing, matrix, project-based organization; typically gained through prior audit, advisory, and/or consulting work in a “Big Four” firm or other large organization.
- Proven track record for developing and carrying out plans to deliver quality results on time and within budget.
- Ability to quickly comprehend technology processes and identify the risk implications, analyze complex situations, reach appropriate conclusions, and make value-added and practical recommendations.
- Proven relationship management skills including a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with staff at all levels to functional AVPs and VPs.
- Leadership skills and experience with guiding and developing a team of professionals.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of June 30, 2017, we had over $1 trillion (US$780 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.Category: