Manulife Technology & Service Sdn Bhd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Manulife Financial, a leading Canadian-based financial service company with over 29,000 employee serving millions of customers worldwide. Clients look to Manulife for strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. With market-leading positions across North America and Asia, we leverage a diverse business platform that offers a range of financial solutions in both developed and developing markets around the world. For over 10 years, MTS has been Manulife's IT Shared Service company providing software development and QA services to Manulife companies worldwide.
Primary Purpose of this Role: As a member of MTS, the Software Engineer will be responsible to enhance and develop the Financial Application System at Manulife. This role will be based in Malaysia, and will be supporting Manulife Globally.
- Translate business user requests for information and technical support services into systems requirement.
- Work with IT partners overseas to understand requirements in order to formulate effective designs and code.
- Work closely with technical team leads and business analysts based at Canada, USA or Asia to deliver systems solution.
- Attend project status and defect meeting.
- Monitor defects queues for software quality control, and escalated defects that required special assistance.
- Review business requirement walk through on large, new development projects.
- Attend functional requirement walk through.
- Responsible for own and team’s technical tasks.
- Follow IT processes, including configuration management, in order to produce quality, timely deliverables and IT solutions for business partners.
- Candidate must possess at least a degree in Computer Science or its equivalent.
- Able to communicate in English and possess good communication skills.
- Enjoy solving logical problems and love programming.
- Like to work in friendly working environment that encourage learning and sharing.
- Final year final sememster students with any of the followig areas are encouraged to apply:
- ASP.net / C#.net / VB.net
- Oracle PL SQL
- AS 400
- ETL/BI/ Data Management
- Software Design skills on UI, SQL
- Willing to work in Damansara Heights, Kuala Lumpur and/or Puchong, Selangor.
Benefits: We offer a competitive remuneration package which includes benefits such as Car & Housing loan subsidies, Dental benefits, Medical Insurance for employee and family, Group Life Insurance, Bonus, 15% EPF, Gymnasium subsidy, 5-day Work Week and an environment for you to learn and develop your skill.
About Manulife Financial
Manulife Financial is a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Clients look to Manulife for strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. Our international network of employees, agents and distribution partners offers financial protection and wealth management products and services to millions of clients. We also provide asset management services to institutional customers. Funds under management by Manulife Financial and its subsidiaries were C$555 billion (US$$547 billion) as at March 31, 2013. The Company operates as Manulife Financial in Canada and Asia and primarily as John Hancock in the United States.
Manulife Financial Corporation trades as ‘MFC’ on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under ‘945’ on the SEHK. Manulife Financial can be found on the Internet at manulife.com.