- Work closely with the business units to provide business solutions to address business needs.
- Elicit business requirement and prepare user requirement accordingly.
- Prepare testing conditions and test cases.
- Execute user acceptance test to ensure the enhanced systems meet the requirement specifications
- Monitor work progress and identify possible deviations of project schedule and assist supervisor in formulating solution for contingency.
- Handle user enquiries and production issues
- Prepare training materials and conduct user training
- Degree holder in information systems
- At least 8 years of experiences in business analysis
- Experience in group/life insurance application development would be an advantage
- Well organized and attentive to details, flexible with working hours
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, and disciplined with project scheduling.
- Self initiated and have a strong drive to learn
- Strong PC skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Advanced knowledge of EXCEL VBA preferred)
- Able to clearly express business processes and ideas verbally and in written English
- Able to present confidently to groups
- Less experienced candidates might also be considered as business analyst
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group providing forward-thinking solutions to help people with their big financial decisions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2014, we had 28,000 employees, 58,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving 20 million customers. At the end of September 2015, we had $888 billion (US$663 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made more than $23 billion in benefits, interest and other payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong. Follow Manulife on Twitter @ManulifeNews or visit www.manulife.com or www.johnhancock.com.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.