- Embed with software development teams, enabling and accelerating consistent implementation of engineering patterns and approaches within the firm
- Develop and evolve engineering patterns, best practices, and reference implementations to consistently increase the rate of sharing and reuse across the globe
- Be a vocal technical leader within the internal engineering community
- Collaborate with software developers and engineering leadership to uncover pain points and opportunities to accelerate the delivery of new value through platforms and software
Last year Manulife / John Hancock spent over $1 billion on technology. You will be working with:
- Cloud Foundry and other components supporting a highly-automated global engineering platform
- Open source! As we accelerate our delivery of world-class experiences, we know embracing open source technologies will help us get there. Any experience with open source is very attractive to us!
- An entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working within a rapidly changing startup environment; you love the challenge of working on a small team and being part of a larger movement to change the engineering culture of an enterprise
- Familiarity with agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features
- Developing junior engineers and a passion for growing staff within the organization
- Experimenting with emerging technologies and understanding how they will impact what comes next
- A capacity for constant learning from both success and failure, remaining open to change and continuous improvement
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable you to manage through creative abrasion
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization
Want to learn more? Apply today, we are eager to speak with you!