Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Consumer Market Business Unit is charged with defining, developing and executing the direct to consumer and cross sell strategy for the Canadian Division. It has the primary responsibility to help the Division evolve into a more customer centric organization through new product development, new and improved distribution channels and innovative marketing. Our mandate is to not only expand in the direct-to-consumer market and reach previously underserved segments, but to leverage core capabilities to advantage our advisor partners and improve our collective competitiveness.
This role is responsible for driving the development of direct to consumer projects for Consumer Solutions. The Manager, Solutions Development must have a good understanding of business issues and customer segments. They are a subject matter expert in digital and eBusiness best practices. Aligned with the Division strategic roadmap, this role will participate in the development of direct to Consumer Solutions projects and lead the development and implementation of digital initiatives to help Consumer Solutions fulfill the Divisional strategy.
- Representing and leading the business needs on key projects
- Lead project strategy
- Drive discovery process including best practices, competitive review, consumer segmentation & journey, research
- Define business requirements
- Set project key performance indicator (KPI) and be accountable for them
- Liaise with project sponsor and steering committee on project update
- Manage multiple stakeholders and drive cross-functional teams comprising of business and IT to develop innovative solutions that meet the needs of our customers and consumers
- Continuous review of competitive landscape and broader financial industry to understand the experiences consumer would expect in the purchase and service phase of their relationship with our organization
- Liaise with other projects leads to ensure strategic alignment of projects and deliverables
- Identify and recommend initiatives based on Consumer Markets & Manulife goals and objectives as well as consumer’s needs
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of current and emerging digital technology. Particularly in the area of wealth and eBusiness.
- Bachelor degree in business or marketing
- A minimum of 8 years related digital experience - direct to consumer product and solution delivery
- Knowledge of the financial service industry
- Experience leading strategic digital initiatives in mid to large organizations
- Experience in working in integrated teams
- Excellent user experience skills, particularly in the context of direct to consumer sales
- Collaborative and a team player; able to work well with and indirectly influence peers and management
- Demonstrated ability to implement change / strong understanding of change management principles
- Strong presentation skills
- Confident and capable strategic thinker; able to back ideas with supporting facts and rationale, and able to relate big picture strategic concepts and research findings to the needs of the business
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to build and sustain trusting relationships within Consumer Solutions and across the Division
- Flexible and adaptable; able to prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects concurrently
- High degree of self-motivation; comfort with ambiguity in problem-solving
- Able to change direction and juggle multiple priorities at a given time
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive cross-department relationships to attain collaborative solutions.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of June 30, 2017, we had over $1 trillion (US$780 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.