Develop company key message aligned with business strategy to deliver consistent and appealing message to external
Enhance media relations
- Proactive approach to key journalists on regular basis to build solid relationship.
- Pitch stories to media and key influencers to generate positive media exposure opportunity.
- Develop effective press release and prepare Q&A materials.
- Plan and coordinate media related events such as interviews, press conference, media round table and paid / free publicities etc."
- Handle day to day media inquiries.
- Develop press kit and factsheet to provide necessary information to help reporters understand Manulife's business
Manage financial disclosure including publishing quarterly financial results and annual statutory report which complies with the regulatory requirements in a timely fashion."
Produce company brochure.
Lead and manage crisis communications.
Day to day strategic management of PR agency to maximize its capabilities to deliver expected outcome.
Liaise with group and regional offices to obtain useful information and supports and share best practice.
Work with other members of Corporate Communications and the wider BMC team to help implement Internal Communications initiatives and support other functions of the BMC team for major company initiatives
As a manager, be a role model to lead the team, support skill development, and do coaching of junior staff
More than 10 years of experience in media relations.
Experience in corporate communications including crisis communications.
In-depth knowledge and experience in development of annual statutory report and financial disclosure statements.
Working experience in finance industry (desirable)
Skills & Competencies
Strategic mindset and approach to business.
High standard of integrity.
Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to communicate with senior members.
Excellent relationship-building skills with internal and external stakeholders.
Ability to work on multi-assignments.
Self motivated and works well with little or no supervision.
Strong collaborative approach.
Native in Japanese and fluent in business English.
Other Qualifications (public certifications,