Manulife Wealth & Asset Management is the institutional asset management arm of Manulife Financial Corporation. Manulife Asset Management manages balance sheet money for Manulife's insurance business, institutional assets on behalf of pension plans, endowment funds, and financial services companies. We also manage retail funds through Manulife Financial and John Hancock distribution networks as well as for other financial institutions with more than 300 investment professionals worldwide.
Wealth & Asset Management Global Rotation Program offers a comprehensive 24-month rotation for recent university business graduates with intensive on-the-job training and personal development. This program provides diverse experience and generates career opportunities. Through a variety of assigned six-month rotations, candidates will have the opportunity to gain experience in five functional areas in Hong Kong and exposure in other overseas offices on a short term assignment:
- Equity Portfolio Management
- Fixed Income Portfolio Management
- Institutional Sales
- Performance & Analysis
- Business & Product Development
Working with a variety of Assignment Managers, these rotations are intended to maximize the opportunity to acquire technical knowledge, and gain an appreciation of the diversity of the asset origination and asset management businesses within the context of a large global financial services firm. Successful applicants will be mentored by a senior executive during the 24-month program.
Note – Financial assistance will be provided to cover the costs associated with completing the CFA designation. Qualifications
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related subjects
- GPA 3.5 or above
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting, financial or investment, strong analytical techniques
- Familiarity with a variety of financial products and services
- Ability to be flexible, creative and show initiative while working in a challenging and fast paced environment
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Solid computer experience using Excel, Word and Powerpoint, with a strong aptitude for learning new software packages
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Result oriented
Manulife Asset Management (MAM) is the asset management division of Manulife Financial Corporation. MAM’s diversified group of companies and affiliates provides comprehensive asset management solutions for institutional investors, investment funds and individuals in key markets around the work. This investment expertise extends across a full range of asset classes including equities, fixed income, derivatives, and alternative investments such as oil & gas, real estates, timber, farmland, as well as asset allocation strategies. MAM has investment offices across multiple continents – Asia, North America and Europe. MAM has more than 100 years of experience managing portfolios for The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company, John Hancock Life Insurance Company, and other major clients and is a leading global investment management group.