- Daily support of applications on specific platforms, including but not limited to analysis of production logs, coding issue resolutions, and performing root cause analysis.
- Assist Platform Admins by participating in Platform upgrade tests and troubleshooting platform incidents.
- Create and document work item requirements by working together with dedicated Application Support teams.
- Follow established application support procedures and policies, including audit compliance and code release management.
- Provide consultation and technical support to Investment Systems teams in enhancement of existing components. Take part in Testing and Implementation activities as required.
- Assist Investment Systems team with development of technical documentation of existing and future applications.
- Occasionally work off-hours to support global customer base and offshore Investment Systems teams.
- Keep informed of new Informatica features and tools and be able to provide recommendations for process improvements.
- Train new and existing team members on how applications are being used on the supported platforms.
- Informatica PowerCenter (9x – 10.1)
- Informatica Cloud Services
- MicroStrategy 10.4
- Markit EDM 9.021
In depth knowledge of Informatica PowerCenter 9.1 or higher is required for this position. Knowledge of other platforms is preferable, but is not mandatory.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Equivalent technical experience may be substituted for this educational requirement.
- 4+ years of working Informatica 9.1 or higher.
- Working knowledge of SQL in both Oracle and SQL database environments.
- Experience providing critical production support within highly distributed team in an Investment organization
- Familiarity with waterfall and agile project management methodologies.
- Basic understanding of code version practices and environment security within financial investment industry.
- Organization skills to independently manage conflicting priorities between ongoing work and critical production issues.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience interacting with system directors, project managers, QA teams, and programmers located at various global locations.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team.
- Demonstrated interest in self learning new platform tools.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.Category: