Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
- Collaborate with software engineers, platform and site reliability engineers, product managers, and engineering leadership to uncover pain points and opportunities to accelerate the delivery of new value through software
- Prototype and build new functionality to deliver on key platform objectives
- Deliver an exceptional user experience to our engineers, with a focus on self-service and continuous delivery
- Evolve and improve platform services, with accountability for production reliability and usage, and the delivery of new functionality
Last year Manulife / John Hancock spent over $1 billion on technology. You will be working with:
- Cloud Foundry and other components supporting a highly-automated global engineering platform
- Virtual infrastructure running Ubuntu Linux and Windows operating systems
- Open source! As we accelerate our delivery of world-class experiences, we know embracing open source technologies will help us get there. Any experience with open source is very attractive to us!
- An entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working within a rapidly changing startup environment; you love the challenge of working on a small team and being part of a larger movement to change the engineering culture of an enterprise
- Understanding of distributed cloud platforms through configuration, deployment, and lifecycle management automation tools
- Familiarity with agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features
- Experimenting with emerging technologies and understanding how they will impact what comes next
- A capacity for constant learning from both success and failure, remaining open to change and continuous improvement
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable you to manage through creative abrasion
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization
Want to learn more? Apply today, we are eager to speak with you!