Are you looking to join a team that is recognized for innovation, excellence and industry-leading service? We are looking for an Inside Insurance Wholesaler to resource and partner with some of the brightest minds in wholesaling.
Manulife’s Retail Markets business unit is a leading provider of insurance and investment solutions that meet the diverse financial needs of Canadian families. The Manulife Insurance Sales team, in collaboration with financial advisors across the country, offers a suite of innovative insurance solutions, including: individual life insurance, health & dental, travel insurance and one of the most comprehensive living benefit portfolios in the industry which includes critical illness, long-term care and disability products.
As an Internal Insurance Wholesaler you will work with peers and External Wholesalers to manage a geographical sales region. Together, you are responsible for evolving existing advisor relationships and cultivating new ones, always with the goal of promoting client centric solutions that increase individual life & living benefit insurance sales at Manulife. The ideal candidate is a dynamic individual with a sales focus, excellent communication skills, strong work ethic and a competitive drive to succeed. They are intelligent, coachable and collaborative.
Reporting to the Manager, Inside Insurance Sales, the Internal Wholesaler is accountable for:
• Utilizing their superior communication skills to proactively interact with advisors on a daily basis, with the objective of supporting key advisors and partnering with them to uncover sales opportunities.
• Managing & organizing their daily tasks effectively to achieve productivity metrics in a way that best supports advisors and the region.
• Handling incoming advisor inquiries (case consultations, illustration support, product queries and training, etc.)
• Leveraging peers, external wholesalers, tools & resources, data & analytics, etc. to investigate proactive sales opportunities that are formalized and executed via effective business planning (60 day cycles).
• Using Salesforce.com to create and maintain advisor profiles and data on current and proposed activity.
• Collaborate with peers from other teams, departments and territories to share business leads and ideas.
Internal Wholesalers also have the unique opportunity to participate in a Manulife proprietary continuous training program; a dedicated program that is designed to provide the Internal Wholesaler with the necessary skills and knowledge to be promoted to an External Wholesaler position.
• At least 2 years insurance/sales experience
• LLQP designation preferred (or in process)
• College or University degree in related field or equivalent work experience
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office, including intermediate level of experience using Excel
• Ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Well-organized, self-starter with high energy and creativity
• Innovative marketing and problem-solving skills
• Excels in a collaborative and challenging environment with a strong desire to win
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.