Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
We’ve started an ambitious journey to become an agile organisation and we’re looking for a high calibre, experienced Senior Change Director to help us lead and embed our agile, digital and customer transformation change across Asia Division. You will be joining our Agile Asia Centre of Excellence, as part of a dedicated team, responsible for driving cultural, people, process and technology change across the Division, demonstrating tangible value added as we support more than 10,000 Regional employees to embrace and embed new ways of working.
Given the cross functional, self organising nature of agile, you will be comfortable working and influencing at all levels, including Executive within a matrix organisation, collaborating with Senior Leaders and Change Catalysts from our Transformation and Strategy Office, Technology Office, HR Business Units, Country and Global Teams.
This vibrant role is a beacon for change internally and externally and you will lead the Asia Division change management efforts as we drive to deliver sustainable agile transformation. The role will involve diagnosing for, designing, planning and implementing structured change management interventions across Asia, and linking in with our Global Functions to maintain alignment with our organisation goals to ember agile ways of working.
Change Management Strategy & Frameworks
- Lead and expedite the change management and people scaling Manulife’s
- Digital/Agile transformation from within our Agile Asia Centre of Excellence
- Develop a Regional Change Roadmap for the Agile Asia Transformation, working collaboratively with the Agile Change Catalysts across the Region and at a Global level,
- Demonstrate leadership and influencing skills to build alignment from an
- Executive level down, into the Agile Change Roadmap for the Manulife Asia Division
- Establish, foster and champion communities of practice across the Region to ensure grass roots support and structure for our new ways of working
- Provide senior level thought leadership to the organisation in your area of expertise
- Act as an adoption/transformation lead for the Region for changing the ways of working in support of our agile transformation
- Own the development and refinement of the Agile Change Roadmap and supporting assets necessary to deploy this, including social media channels and integration of Change Management disciplines into the Agile Asia Playbook
- Lead workgroup that includes Agile coaches, Agile Change Champions, Group Training and Learning partners, in the development, pilot, refinement and rollout of agile training and certification to key roles and employees across the region
- Work with External Communities and Agile Organisations to bring best practices and new ways of delivering and developing transformational change into the Asia Organisation
- Scope and assess change impacts of the plan for each business unit, aligning su, develop outline change management plan and work with project teams to integrate this into the .
- Look at ways to optimise embedding of agile training and learning through multi-channels, reinforcement strategies, gamification and digital technologies and share the learning across the Region
Implement change management strategies to enable the success for the
- Agile Asia transformation, including change impact assessments, stakeholder management, planning internal and external communications (in tandem with relevant teams) and training requirements, change risk and issues with appropriate mitigation strategies in place.
- Ensure the appropriate level of cross functional support and agile expertise is provided to relevant in country teams to implement continuous improvement initiatives linked to survey feedback and the strategic priorities and full understanding around the highly complex issues relating to engagement and transformational workforce change.
- Create, manage and where needed scale, measurement systems to track adoption, utilisation and success of the agile transformation. Ensure employee feedback loops are incorporated into changes.
- Situational Awareness: Must be the first to notice differences, issues and challenges with the transition to new ways of working, putting in place measures to resolve them, removing blockers or elevate them to Senior Leaders where needed, as well as celebrations of success.
- Refine and maintain appropriate frameworks, systems, policies and procedures and reports to support organisational change management development programs. Support the execution of plans by employee-facing managers and business leaders.
- Undertake quality reviews of Divisional Agile Change Roadmaps and solutions, ensuring these are aligned, incorporate best practise and learnings and can achieve lasting value at scale (with customisation where appropriate).
Agile Centre of Excellence and Portfolio Support
- Support Portfolio Directors, the Head of Agile CoE and other business leaders across the Region to assess current state readiness for people and organisational change and work with them to develop training, communication and change plans best adapted to their needs.
- Work with Agile Catalysts across the region to ensure Senioe Leadership and business engagement is attained for the agile transformation, taking into account constraints such as budgets, resource availability, current state capabilities, capacity of the organisation to achieve with the volume / extent of change.
- Independently monitor and measure outcomes of change management deliverables across the Region, capturing learnings ensuring ‘voice of customer’ and ‘voice of the employee” feedback is attained to ensure continuous improvement.
- Work closely with Country, Regional and Global Communications teams to build momentum and share good new, progress and best practice to all staff.
- Work with CMX Media relations to ensure that at appropriate times Manulife Asia is best represented and positioned externally as an Agile Organisation
- Attendance and Presentation, representing Manulife Asia, at external communities of practices and conferences to share externally the agile progress and help to attract positive interest in the Agile Transformation
- Manage functional expenditure within budget and obtain sign off from the relevant program director, or where relevant to organisational transformation initiatives – where expenditure may exceed budget
- Line Management for small team of Change Managers and Change Analysts within the Agile Centre of Excellence
- Conflict resolution - Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Attitude of empowerment - Must be able to lead a team to self-organization
- Attitude of transparency: Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
- Quick learner: Must be able to quickly gain a high level understanding of the technical and business domains of the Scrum teams
- Develop, lead, influence and manage multidisciplinary teams to ensure goals are achieved and to drive superior business outcomes.
- Coach and mentor staff in leading and sustaining change through people
- Establish clear accountabilities and build a strong culture of accountability and performance in order to ensure delivery of business goals.
- Interact with geographically and functionally disparate teams to ensure alignment to business engagement and change management strategy and principles
- Understanding of and sensitivity to local market, divisional (Asia) and global needs and preferences
- Monitor and manage key business stakeholder feedback and close the loop with improvements made to the approach, methodology, and tools
- Education: High-ranking Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Strategic Orientation - Acting as a thought leader and play a key advisory role to business leaders demonstrating how change management practices can support and embed agile ways of working in Manulife Asia.
- Demonstrate maturity, self-confidence, credibility and impact to be a respected advisor on change within agile transformation, drawing a high level of insight and understanding of business strategy from multiple situations, and integrate market, competition, trends and other factors in technology to develop a change management roadmap that propels Manulife Financial Asia forward.
- Adept at linking best practices to actionable change management initiatives, taking into account the impact on all parts of the business.
- Significant experience of scoping and driving sustainable people change within large scale transformation, particularly across functional and geographical areas
- Expert knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, frameworks and approaches especially in relation to leading change through people, ideally Prosci certified
- Expert understanding and experience of Agile Practices, including Scaled Agile, Scrum and/or other Agile frameworks
- Understanding and experience with “Digital” and mobile first approaches and Customer led UX and UI design principles and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate transformational change solutions through collaborative and empowering approaches
- Credible and able to influence at all levels of the organization
Demonstrated experience developing strong, effective working relationships and networks with key internal/external stakeholders and relevant external organisations
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relevant strategic change management
Strong experience in leading learning and development activities across all levels of an organisation
- Proven experience of consistent and constructive people management and leadership capabilities, including across geographies and cultures
- Insurance industry knowledge and experience, including functional processes and business practices
- Thorough understanding of relevant Asia market and influential sociocultural, economic and political factors
Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to enable
o ideas and opinions to be expressed clearly and effectively,
o effective interaction with staff at all levels within the organisation and key stakeholders and
o preparation of well-structured, accurate and concise presentations, internal communications (articles, infographics, speaking notes, video outline) and reports
- Assertive: Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls
- Intellectually Curious: Remain open and acytiviyly seek out new ideas, technologies and ways of working that can add value to the Agile Asia Transofrmation upport efforts, regardless of their origin
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills to enable identification of issues, analysis of options and the judgement to determine appropriate courses of action relevant to achieving positive outcomes and long-range organisational goals
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills to gain the acceptance and support of ideas, cooperation of others, and the ability to modify styles and techniques to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals
- Relationship-building skills with a proactive customer service orientation with internal and external stakeholders
- Planning and organising skills to effectively establish the priority and scheduling of work tasks and projects to ensure work priorities are completed on time and within budget
- Well-developed negotiating and management skills to foster continual improvement and cultural change
- Integrity, judgement and maturity to ensure matters of a confidential or sensitive nature are handled appropriately
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.