- Holistic legal support to Bancassurance business initiatives.
- Providing end to end legal advisory and drafting support to product launches right from the product design stage to shelf.
- Representing Legal & Compliance at steering committees on Products.
- Providing support to key agency initiatives such as supporting the setting up of General Agency agreements.
- Supporting timely on boarding and management of fund houses to facilitate the ILP suite of products.
- Continuous support to ensure/improve better drafting practices in the product documentation space.
- Working closely with compliance team on issues with regulatory development to offer holistic and consolidated L&C position.
- Staying abreast of changes to the legal and regulatory landscape through industry interactions, external seminars, MAS and LIA updates and law firm publications.
- Actively deliberating and advising on legal and regulatory updates that impacts business.
- Supporting the Reinsurance business
- Overseeing the Insurance stream of legal advisory work.
- Legal advisory support to employment law matters
- Training new hires on Insurance/Reinsurance advisory matters
- Minimum 8-10 PQE in in-house legal counsel roles with leading life insurance companies or leading financial institutions specialising in bancassurance legal work; or as a corporate commercial lawyer in top financial markets law firms with a focus on insurance related work.
- Law degree from a reputable law school.
- Singapore qualified lawyer.
- Working knowledge of MAS regulations and guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Good working attitude, team player and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills with fluency in written and spoken English
- A self-starter who is independent and able to take the initiative
- High responsibility, diligence, integrity and professional ethics
- Strong analytical and evaluative skills
- Good drafting skills
- Attentive to detail
Legal & Compliance