Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Risk Officer, Asia, this position will support the Asia Risk Management department on risk reporting and analysis. Key areas of focus would be producing risk reports for senior executives, ongoing risk analytics development, periodic risk themes and trends identification, promoting a risk aware culture and increasing risk awareness through educational initiatives.
- Assist in the production of various risk reports, ensuring key risk exposures are reported and escalated to management, divisional risk management and that mitigating actions are identified and taken as appropriate.
- Review and challenge risk information provided along with the associated mitigation actions
- Ensure adequate reporting infrastructure and efficient processes are in place for risk reporting processes across Asia.
- Propose and implement ongoing ways to improve and expedite the process while ensuring appropriate controls are in place.
- Assist in Archer (risk & governance software) implementation and maintenance across Asia.
- Assist in sharing of key information, including risk exposures, loss data and risk management/control best practices across the Division (including with other divisional risk/compliance/control officers) and liase with other Divisions to incorporate any learnings.
- Risk management or auditor background with 5+ years of experience in matters of increasing complexity
- Highly analytical with attention to detail and accuracy. Financial reporting or similar experience preferred, ideally in an insurance company
- Sound business acumen and thoughtful approach to solve complex problems
- Good understanding of operational procedures at financial institution (preferably insurance).
- Solid experience in implementing and validating the effectiveness of operational controls
- Effective communication skills, including ability to translate complex technical issues into fundamental concepts
- Strong relationship building skills to build effective working relationships with Business Units, Group office and other Regional functions
- Power user in Microsoft Excel, VBA and Powerpoint and experience working with other risk & governance software
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.