Will play a lead role in the on-going portfolio specialist activities of the firm, with a primary focus on global multi-asset investment strategies managed by portfolio managers based in Hong Kong, Boston, London and Canada. The incumbent will work with assigned Manulife Asset Management investment teams on all aspects of product management, and will support the client facing teams in the effective communication and positioning of our investment strategies with clients, prospects and consultants.
- Work with the Global Multi-Asset Strategies Team on all aspects of product management, including the interpretation, articulation and dissemination of key investment strategy content - philosophy, process, results and overall key market positioning and messaging - for existing and new strategies.
- Work with the marketing and sales team, develop marketing collateral including presentations, RFP/database content, and other relevant materials required to describe and position assigned strategies and teams.
- Conduct on-going research to track key competitors, market trends and threats and incorporate into product positioning and communication to key constituents globally to ensure competitiveness of existing products.
- Examine and monitor characteristics and statistics for assigned strategies to understand and be a source of knowledge on covered strategies in order to communicate both portfolio positioning and sources of return and risk to both internal and external audiences.
- Directly interact with key personnel across Manulife Asset Management as well as our prospects, clients and consultants in a highly professional manner.
- Consult with sales executives regarding sales strategy for each sales opportunity.
- Assist in the answering, editing, and completing requests for proposals and questionnaires (from base template or in response to RFPs) with accuracy and by deadlines.
- Prepare new business presentations and pull together the necessary materials required to provide solutions and quality service to prospects, clients and consultants
- Travel will be required
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance or a related field; CFA/CAIA and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience in a product management, portfolio specialist, investment director, client portfolio manager or similar role, preferably within a global asset management organization
- Strong expertise across multiple asset classes, strategies and market knowledge; understanding of Liability Driven Investing (LDI) would be an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with and coordinate between various groups within a global organization
- Proven understanding of sales & relationship management process with demonstrated ability to support those processes
- Strong knowledge of the marketplace, and trends with and the needs of both institutional and retail sales channels. Strong understanding of the Asia Pacific client and sales distribution landscape, especially the pension and the retail/wholesale markets
- Proven command of key investment management principles
- Strong communication (both written and spoken English) and presentation skills. Cantonese speaking skills would be an added advantage.
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Proven ability to work independently in a role with significant impact on client interaction, both internally and externally
- Strong PC skills, including familiarity with key industry related software (e.g. Factset, Bloomberg) and databases (e.g. eVestment, Morningstar)
- Ability to mentor junior team members whenever required