Reporting to the Manager, Inside Sales you will work in partnership with External Business Development Consultants (BDC) within your assigned district to foster new Advisor and Mortgage Broker relationships while managing existing relationships. Together, you will be responsible for growing the sales of your district through targeted sales campaigns, promoting sales strategies and strategic solutions relevant to our referral sources and providing superior service. One of the primary roles of an Internal Business Development Consultant is to book qualified meetings for your External Business Development Consultants (BDC). This will be achieved through proactive sales calls on a daily basis to drive sales opportunities.
- Pro-active outbound calling to Financial Advisors and Mortgage Brokers – expect to make over 40 outbound calls per day with a set target for “sales calls and meetings booked” per day. A sales call is defined as a call with a Financial Advisor or Mortgage Brokers that advances the sales process along.
- Booking Meetings –the Internal Business Development Consultant will schedule qualified meetings for your External Business Development Consultants (BDC)
- Know Your Advisor/Broker – In order to custom tailor solutions for our advisors and brokers, the Internal Business Development Consultant will attempt to gather intelligence on an advisor’s practice and a broker’s business through a question based selling model
- Collaborate with peers from other teams and territories to share business leads and ideas
- Bilingualism - English, French language skillsets are an asset
- Post-secondary graduation or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in a Sales setting;
- Current sales professional or high potential to become one;
- Industry-related education is an asset
- Self-motivated individual with a strong sales aptitude