- Lead technical projects with high impact on sales growth, business profitability, client retention and customer satisfaction
- Lead complex data mining projects from creation, evaluation, testing and continuously improving using machine learning, and other modeling concepts
- Innovate & find creative ways to source & leverage data to support modeling efforts, leveraging structured & unstructured data, and big data technologies.
- Manage data sets from disparate sources using appropriate engineering methodologies, computational frameworks and systems
- Work with cross-functional team members to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across a variety of core business areas.
- Provide expertise on analytics concepts for the broader advanced analytics group, and inspire the adoption of advanced analytics, data engineering and data science across the organization
- Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.)
- Five plus years developing of probabilistic models, data mining, and machine learning algorithms including real world experience in model development validation and testing
- Expert in data analysis using Python, R, SQL or SAS
- Strong data engineering, and data management expertise with demonstrated data transformation and manipulation experience
- Knowledge of NoSQL systems, Hadoop/map-reduce, Spark, Hbase, etc
- Strong commitment to organizational success and team work
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely
- Experience in sales, distribution, and/or marketing modeling desirable - financial services industry experience preferred