- Manulife Financial is a leading Canadian-based financial services group operating in 15 countries and territories worldwide. Through its extensive network of employees, agents and distribution partners, Manulife Financial offers clients a diverse range of financial protection products and wealth management services.
- Manulife Financial Corporation trades as ‘MFC’ on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under ‘0945’ on the SEHK. Manulife Financial can be found on the Internet at www.manulife.com.
- Handle consistent volumes inbound customer calls per day generated from routine inquiries (account balance) to complex transactions (inter-account transfers)
- Provide outstanding customer service and accurate information to inbound callers about all aspects of their accounts
- Reference multiple on-line resources effectively while simultaneously conversing with customers
- Partner across the organization to research and resolve complex inquiries
- Work in a fast-paced environment where achieving target service levels (80% of call answered in 30 seconds) are top priority
- Build quick rapport with participants within the span of a phone call achieving first call resolution
- Assist customers with any technical issues experienced with our website and escalate any issues to management appropriately.
- Negotiate 'win-win' solutions to participant inquiries and issues directly or by consulting with appropriate resources
- Document and track significant discussions or complaints. Initiate follow-up as appropriate
- Identify trends and patterns of participant issues, and escalate to appropriate resources
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Excellent communication, problem solving and time management skills
- PC literate with proficient keyboarding skills and the ability to learn and adapt to new software applications
- Ability to learn quickly and remain calm under pressure, especially when faced with irate customer calls
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions to understand participant concerns
- Ability to work in a department where calls are monitored and coached on a regular basis to provide constructive feedback for immediate improvement and personal development
- Fluency in Spanish an asset
- Minimum college graduate with previous work experience in a financial services 'call-center' environment with demonstrated service aptitude.
- Completion of departmental educational courses as required
- Ability to develop quick rapport with customer base by demonstrating excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid organizational and priority management skills, particularly in an environment of rapid change
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The hours of operation for Participant Services are 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. One objective of the department is to provide consistent levels of service at all hours of the day, therefore candidates should have the flexibility to be available during all hours of operation. The department also remains open during some statutory holidays with employees covering off on a rotational basis.