The Global Infrastructure Services (GIS) Network Services group is accountable for all networks supporting Manulife’s global business, some managed by the team itself and others managed for the team by service providers. Our network services support users based in Canada, the United States (John Hancock brand), and 11 countries in Asia, encompassing almost 30,000 employees, over 55,000 independent agents, and millions of customers. We provide WAN, cloud connectivity, data centre networks, branch site networks, end user access and mobility solutions, and core network services such as DNS and IP address management. The team is geographically dispersed with team members in Canada (Toronto, Montreal, Kitchener-Waterloo), the US (Boston) and 11 Asian locations.
This role reports to the Director, Network Services Evolution and is based in Boston at our Back Bay office.
The successful candidate will be expected to work very closely with all the network engineers, primarily those in Boston but some work may support engineers in different locations.
· Assist with trouble ticket intake and triage
· Resolve Level 1 network support Incidents.
· Be the prime in a lab clean up, organization and maintenance project
· Process documentation
· Other project assistance as required and depending on technical aptitude.
· Strong interest (even passion!) in technology, especially Networks and ideally has working knowledge of basic network concepts such as the OSI model and the hardware and functions within each layer of the model.
· Student of IT, Telecommunications or process (with a technical aptitude) is ideal
· Self starter
· Successful candidates will have guidance but may not always be supervised, so ability to figure out what needs to be done is ideal – however you should also know when to ask for help.
· Clear communicators are valued highly