Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Responsible and providing support for the financial and actuarial functions of Group Life and Health operations
- Pricing role
- Product development: work closely with product team to ensure the risk and profitability is acceptable and to get approval from regional and Corporate
- Special quotation / case specific pricing
- Campaign approval (cost and benefit analysis)
- Perform regular experience study such as expense and lapse study
- Financial reporting
- Provide the financial’s KPI update (e.g. earnings, new business embedded value, functional cost ratio, market share, etc) to EB management in regular meeting
- Produce the monthly MIS for the financial section / EV reporting
- Annual business plan and new business plan
- Review reinsurance treaty
Required Personal Qualities/Skills/Competencies
- Experience – FSA or equivalent or close to FSA, at least 4 years actuarial experience
- Skills / Competence:
- Strong analytical mind and business sense
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Behaviors / Attributes
- Hands-on and flexible. Able to work independently and as a team player
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.