Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
This position is accountable for providing accurate, timely, and relevant monthly, quarterly and annual financial data production, reporting, analysis, allocations, planning and forecasting to different stakeholders of the Investment Decision Support Group.
- The job holder engages in the annual strategic planning and budgeting process, and assist the Manager and Director in developing and communicating a financial budget for various functions, including input into the Better Expense Management (BEM) tool and INVPLN cube.
- The role is responsible for the preparation of management reports catered to the needs of different stakeholders of the Investment Decision Support Group including preparation of Management Information System (MIS), Quarterly Management Report (QMR), Private Markets Asset Management (PAM) and Monthly Corporate Planning reports. This involves functional reporting and expense forecasting.
- The role is responsible for the development, calculation and execution of the company-wide Rent Allocation model during the annual planning cycle. The job holder collaborates with Corporate Real Estate and Real Estate Finance teams to ensure smooth flow of the rent assumptions planning process.
- The role is responsible in overseeing the entire GA bps process, collaborates extensively with various stakeholders including Portfolio Modelling, Group Actuarial, Global ALM and Expense Functional Partners globally for input, feedback and review and enhances the model for further consistency, transparency and reasonability. The output of the model is the investment expense factor, which is a key assumption for company-wide insurance product pricing, reserve estimate and profitability.
- The job holder works closely with the business units to ensure smooth flow in the monthly, quarterly and annual financial operations, including but not limited to, preparation of journal entries, invoice and settlement of intercompany transactions, rebuild or creation of expense report templates and research and analysis of General Expense variances to Plan period over period.
- The job holder ensures that the balances in Essbase for Investment Division FTE and Headcount is aligned with the HR Report from Global Human Resources and recommend solutions for any discrepancies.
- Planning and Budgeting
- Management Reporting and Analysis
- Rent Allocation Model
- GA Expense Allocation Model
- Expense Management and Analysis
- FTE Reporting
- Quality Checking / Ad hoc requests
- Management and Administration Tasks
- University graduate in Accounting/Finance, CPA is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proactive, able to work independently and meet tight reporting deadlines
- Practical problem solving skills
- The ability to use judgment and assess reasonability of analysis
- Strong technical accounting skills with a solid understanding of the business envi-ronment and financial reporting structure in order to provide value-added analysis
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of IFRS tools (Hyperion-Essbase, Lawson)
- Preferably with knowledge on the system logic and functionality of BEM as a user
- 3 to 5 years of experience with progressive responsibility within the Accounting/ In-vestment analysis field
- Basic knowledge of Assets under Management
- The applicant should be willing to report for a rotating shift (mostly at night)
- The applicant should be willing to report in Diliman, Quezon City
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.