Investment Analyst Co-op
The Canadian Corporate Finance team is responsible for credit analysis for all Canadian investments in public bonds and private placement debt. This includes investments in corporations, public sector issuers (e.g. provinces, municipalities, etc.) and asset-backed issuers. The team performs on-going credit analysis on existing issuers in our portfolio (around 250) and also evaluates potential new issuers.
The team consists of 16 professionals. Over the years, many co-op and rotational students have worked on the team for terms of 4 to 8 months and all have found it to be a very rewarding experience.
Prepare Annual Credit Reviews on assigned bond and debt investments:
• Review and analyze all information related to assigned issuers. This includes financial reports, rating agency reports, compliance certificates, earning reports, etc.
• Prepare detailed Annual Credit Review to reflect this analysis. This involves both qualitative and quantitative analysis.
• The Review also recommends an internal rating for each issuer as well as an opinion on whether it is acceptable for additional investment.
• Business student (undergraduate or MBA)
• Accounting and finance courses
• Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
• Works both independently and in a team setting
• Credit analysis skills
• Working in a highly professional team environment
• Exposure to different issuers in different industry sectors, as well as different types of investment
• Exposure to capital markets, notably the Canadian fixed income market