Sales Effectiveness Co-Op Summer 2018- Waterloo
The Sales Effectiveness group at Manulife Bank and Trust has an excellent career opportunity for a co-op position, Sales Effectiveness Coordinator, who is seeking an opportunity to bring strong data analytics and organization skills to a role with a significant reporting component.
This role will be ideal for those candidates who have the right complementary mix of business & systems analysis, CRM technical skills to solve business challenges and savviness with numbers that enable them to unearth insights from analytics to support smarter and more efficient solutions. You're a big-picture thinker and process improvement champion who is passionate & creative about understanding the user's point of view to achieve high engagement.
The Sales Effectiveness Coordinator will report directly to the Inside Sales Manager and be based in Waterloo, Ontario.
· Run and request reports from SalesForce.com for territory sales analysis
· Prepare monthly call audit package for Manager Inside Sales using Verint call recording software
· Maintain inside sales leaderboard and create weekly dial report
· Assist Inside Sales Manager with call audit protocol
· Participate in the monitoring, and execution of the national sales plan
· Coordinate and monitor prompt distribution of marketing materials in electronic and print format
· Maintain current advisor records in SalesForce.com
· Manage email distribution lists, and organize and execute e-marketing campaigns as needed
· Prepare and submit Concur expense reports as needed
· Act as a subject matter expert on the SalesForce application for Bank
· Create ‘How to’ step by step support material for all SalesForce features & functionality
· Synthesize sales analytics to understand nature of business and identify trends and opportunities
· Create and design processes of reporting and analytics using Microsoft tools such as Excel and Access.
· Refine existing reporting to focus on producing clear, concise, timely and value-added reporting
· Develop ad hoc reporting based on requirements and business need from managementQualifications
- Ability to balance multiple priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change, including changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical skills; ability to investigate problems without supervision
- Fast learner and self-starter, who takes initiative and thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong PC skills with an emphasis on MS-Excel and Salesforce; ability to learn new software quickly
- Demonstrate tact and professionalism and maintain confidentiality
Why come to Manulife?
Because we’re not who you think we are. We’re not some stuffy, old insurance company. We’re actually 1100 technology specialists dedicated to improving the health and wealth of Canadians – and doing it in some pretty cool ways. You might be surprised to know that Co-ops love Manulife – and come back term after term. Why? We’ve got what you’re looking for… jobs that embed you in passionate, productive teams, jobs that leave you with great stories to tell at your next set of interviews, jobs that make a Co-op term a fun, profitable break from school. Every term we hire 100+ students – so you’ll have plenty of new friends to chill with. And you can meet your new friends at tons of Co-op events like our recent Execs-serve-ice-cream day, gingerbread house day, and pizza… there’s usually pizza involved.
You’ll also have lots of opportunities for professional growth. Networking with senior leadership? Yes! Access to all our learning and development resources? You bet!
We want you here as a Co-op. And we want to make your experience with us SO AMAZING that you join us in a fulltime role after you graduate. It’s really that simple.
See what our students are saying about working at Manulife/John Hancock:
So what’s next?
Wow us with a PDF that includes your resume, a cover letter telling us how awesome you are, your transcript, and your Co-op work history (if you have one).
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of June 30, 2017, we had over $1 trillion (US$780 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.