About Manulife Manulife is a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Clients look to Manulife for strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. Our international network of employees, agents and distribution partners offers financial protection and wealth management products and services to millions of clients. We also provide asset management services to institutional customers. Funds under management by Manulife and its subsidiaries were approximately C$ 888 billion (US$663 billion) as at September 30, 2015. Our group of companies operates as Manulife in Canada and Asia and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as 'MFC' on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under '945' on the SEHK. Manulife can be found on the Internet at manulife.com.
- Responsible for working with business users to gather, understand, collate and document business requirements
- Coordinate closely with stakeholders to conduct business requirements walk through on enhancements and new projects
- Work closely with the technology team to articulate business requirements and technology team able to translate into functional specifications
- Serve as escalation point for troubleshooting issues
- To play an active role in other project related activities
- Create and execute testing plans, test scenarios and test cases and coordinate the UAT
- To coordinate Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Plan activities
- Communicate and maintain good relationship with the team and users to ensure smooth delivery of the projects and support systems.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic and troubleshooting skills.
- Bachelor's/ Master's in computer science, information systems, or computer/electrical engineer degree or any business related field
- At least 3 years of Business Analyst experience
- Strong business acumen
- Experience in Financial sector
- Good decision making skills
- Ability to work independently
- Analytically & technically skilled – ability to assess the practicality of a solution, with reference to the business requirements, development efforts, feasibility, scalability and re-usability
- Ability to solve problem and propose alternative solutions and workarounds where applicable
- A team player
- Work across different departments and levels
- Strong written and communication skills in English
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Have knowledge of Asset Management will be advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver within deadlines