- Create a strategy development framework, and design and drive a strategic planning process that will engage the Board, the CEO and the executive team across the organization in impactful strategic dialogues and decision making;
- Generate enterprise competitive intelligence including insights and targeted analysis of external megatrends, competitors and the environment; and
- Execute on key enterprise-focused strategic initiatives (e.g., acquisitions, market entries) that will significantly contribute to the medium term objectives and/or the long term growth aspirations.
- Participate in the development of Manulife’s strategic plan, which is ultimately delivered to the Board of Directors.
- Play a key role in various strategic initiatives mandated by Manulife’s Executive Leadership Team and gain an understanding of market and competitor movements globally.
- Develop presentations, reports and other deliverables to be shared with Manulife’s Executive Leadership Team and other key stakeholders.
- Conduct various quantitative and qualitative analyses and articulate implications of analyses.
- Has a strong academic record.
- Has strong business acumen, with an aptitude for strategic, broad thinking, and critical and analytical thinking.
- Has strong initiative and multi-tasking capabilities with proven ability to handle multiple assignments or projects simultaneously.
- Exhibits effective time management, prioritization and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Possesses superior written and oral communication skills, including, strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Is highly comfortable with ambiguity.
- Thrives while working in a small, high-performing, results-oriented team, composed mostly of former consultants from top-tier management consulting firms.
- Exposure to the global operations and strategy of a $40 billion company.
- Exposure to one of Canada’s most globally diverse companies.
- Training and coaching from former consultants from top-tier management consulting firms, including structuring analysis, use of consulting frameworks, effective project management, and clear and concise communication.
- Opportunity to work in a group that has a strong track record of developing leaders at Manulife and elsewhere within the Financial Services industry