Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Senior Auditor is accountable for completing projects of all types (key risk audits, project risk audits, financial controls testing and other special projects) and the delivery of high quality, professional, cost-effective, value-added and risk-based audit services. While remaining totally independent, the Audit Services function provides value by working with management at all levels to improve the management of various risks
- Plan and execute audit projects in accordance with department standards.
- Manage projects within time budgets and target dates, reporting any timing problems or budget over-runs to supervisors.
- Conduct interviews with management regarding the risks being managed by business unit; and assist in developing audit programs to evaluate these risks.
- Lead audit staff assisting on projects and review completed files to ensure quality of work completed.
- Assist in assessing control effectiveness.
- Assist in preparing audit reports, including executive summary and audit issues, making practical and value-added recommendations to improve risk management practices and the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Assist in presenting findings and recommendations to business unit management; resolve contentious issues and reach agreement on appropriate solutions.
- Follow up on open audit issues until resolved.
- Provide feedback to staff on assignments and contributes to their development.
- Utilize technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency of audit process.
- Assist business unit management by providing risk management consulting support and risk management education and training.
- Complete assigned work required to support External Auditors
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of September 30, 2017, we had over $1 trillion (US$806 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $27.1 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.Qualifications
- University degree required
- A recognized accounting (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) or auditing (CIA) designation.
- 3 to 5 years internal/external audit or equivalent business experience
- Knowledge of life insurance operations is a definite asset
- Demonstrated understanding of business processes and their risk implications, being able to analyze situations, reach appropriate conclusions, and make value-added and practical recommendations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of audit methodologies, project management and system development methodologies, control frameworks and risk management practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and recommendations orally and in writing, and to listen and consider ideas of others.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to quality.
- Ability to develop and carry out audit programs to deliver quality results on time and within budget.
- Ability to exercise and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Results oriented; ability to balance multiple priorities and projects.
- Proven relationship skills including a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with business units and staff at all levels.
- Leadership skills in achieving departmental, project and individual objectives.
- Ability to manage goals in situations without formal structure and to adapt to change.
- Location: This position can be based out of our Toronto or Waterloo offices. Preference will be given to candidates willing to work out of the Waterloo office. For candidates based in Toronto periodic travel to Waterloo would be required.