Gain Experience with a Global Leader
The Global Asset Liability Management (Global ALM) group within Investment Division has the mandate to play a leadership role in the identification and assessment of ALM related risks globally along with the development of an effective risk management infrastructure and strategies to support the company's business strategies and financial objectives.
Reporting to Director, ALM Modeling and Systems, this position is based in the Toronto Head Office and focuses on the development of financial models and applications that are used for product pricing and valuation, and risk measurement.
The student will have the opportunity to learn about modeling of assets and liabilities. In addition to using financial modeling techniques, the student will gain experience with a variety of programming technologies: C#.net, VBA, SQL, AXIS and Matlab.
This position will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to join a motivated group of ALM professionals and to participate in projects that require both technical and business acumen. The incumbent will also be involved in the review and development of various Asset Liability Management methodologies and reports.
- Assist with the parameter update of existing financial risk models
- Assist with the development and implementation of new financial models/Applications
- Support all aspects of financial model development (requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation)
- Knowledge of programming languages (VBA, SQL, C#.net) and software (Excel, Access, AXIS, Matlab)
- Strong mathematical skills (calculus, differential equations, and numerical methods)
- Strong statistical skills (random variables, stochastic processes)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized and results oriented
- Able to work in a dynamic, time-sensitive environment