Manulife's Investment Division is a leading global investment manager with offices in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Japan, Hong Kong, and throughout Asia. We manage a broad range of investments including equities, government and corporate bonds, real estate, commercial mortgages, oil and gas reserves, timber, agriculture and structured products totaling more C$900B in assets under management.
As an exceptional student from Manulife’s Co-Op Program, you will be joining the Real Estate Transformation program helping our business partners implement the leading real estate accounting system. You will be working within a team of business experts, application experts, project managers and testers co-located in one of our collaborative workspaces in Boston.
Within this role, you will be tasked with supporting the ongoing efforts of implementing a large-scale program. What this means is that you will be coordinating an inflight agile/waterfall hybrid implementation plan while ensuring the transition to the new real estate accounting system is streamlined, organized and meets the user’s needs.
· Develop an understanding of the agile delivery model while maintaining alignment with the project management framework
· Update models, procedures and documentation while maintaining a focus on process improvements
· Provide support and manage aspects of a transformational program
· Create and track project deliverables in JIRA
· Design committee meeting materials such as decks, dashboards, matrixes and reports
· Draft and circulate project newsletters, social media posts and surveys
· Assist in the development of communication and training plans
· Take notes during project meetings and distribute meeting summaries accordingly
· Participate in and document needs assessment meetings
· Assists with data collection and validation efforts
· Pursuing a business or other relevant university/college undergraduate degree
· General business knowledge with an interest in project management
· Strong command of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio, Sharepoint, Sway is required
· Previous experience working with Sli.do and other crowdsourcing Q&A preferred
· Exposure to Atlassian software would be a plus
· Planning and project management skills with a proven ability to execute projects with tight timeframes
· Well-developed interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
· Attention to accuracy and detail is critical
· Client focused with the ability to negotiate with business partners to deliver a win-win solution
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Flexibility to work as a team member and independently
· Ability to prioritize and work effectively in a deadline oriented environment
· Responds to challenges and opportunities in a positive and productive manner
See what our students are saying about working at Manulife/John Hancock https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no8ePgV532g
Why come to Manulife/JohnHancock?
Because we’re not who you think we are. We’re not some stuffy, old insurance company. We’re actually technology specialists dedicated to improving the health and wealth of Americans – and doing it in some pretty cool ways. You might be surprised to know that Co-ops/interns love John Hancock – and come back term after term. Why? We’ve got what you’re looking for… jobs that embed you in passionate, productive teams, jobs that leave you with great stories to tell at your next set of interviews, jobs that make a work term a fun, profitable break from school. Every term we hire 100+ students – so you’ll have plenty of new friends to chill with. And you can meet your new friends at tons of Co-op events like our recent Execs-serve-ice-cream day, gingerbread house day, and pizza… there’s usually pizza involved.
You’ll also have lots of opportunities for professional growth. Networking with senior leadership? Yes! Access to all our learning and development resources? You bet!
We want you here as a intern. And we want to make your experience with us SO AMAZING that you join us in a fulltime role after you graduate. It’s really that simple.
So what’s next?
Wow us with a PDF that includes your resume, a cover letter telling us how awesome you are, your transcript, and your work history (if you have one).
About Manulife/John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of June 30, 2017, we had over $1 trillion (US$780 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife/John Hancock is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentiallyQualifications