About Manulife Manulife is a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Clients look to Manulife for strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. Our international network of employees, agents and distribution partners offers financial protection and wealth management products and services to millions of clients. We also provide asset management services to institutional customers. Funds under management by Manulife and its subsidiaries were approximately C$ 888 billion (US$663 billion) as at September 30, 2015. Our group of companies operates as Manulife in Canada and Asia and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as 'MFC' on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under '945' on the SEHK. Manulife can be found on the Internet at manulife.com.
1. Pre-underwrites new insurance policies, including encoding policy information in the admin system.
2. Appraises level of risk involved in life insurance applications with adverse medical findings or applications where medical opinions or decisions are necessary for the acceptance or rejection of insurance coverage.
3. Recommends, accepts or rejects insurance coverage within limits set by underwriting policy.
4. Responds to inquiries received via telephone, email or client interface.
5. Elevates complaints to the concerned department (with guidance/endorsement of superior) for proper resolution.
6. Ensures documentation of transactions are complete and sent for imaging on a timely basis.
7. Processes request for policy changes such as mode, beneficiary and address change.
8. Secures collection and mitigates risks of fraud through complete, accurate and timely recording in admin and collection system and timely deposit in bank.
9. Submits daily collection report to Billing & Collection Department.
10. Manages various company funds for the overall and continuing administrative operation of the branch.
11. Reports any system error and monitor status until resolved.
12. Relieves other branch operations staff in other branches.
13. Assists in the training of newly-hired team members.
14. Prepares timely reports such as new case submissions, FCR/NFCR, daily and monthly collections, and other correspondence as needed for the effective and efficient implementation of branch initiatives.
15. Participates and supports department/company initiatives to improve staff engagement
16. Participates and supports department/company initiatives
17. Ensures confidentiality of information careful handling of data
18. Effective record management
19. Acts as a back-up to the Branch Operations Team Leader to ensure timely and effectively delivery of day to day transactions
20. Any other duties/projects assigned from time to time, within or beyond working hours, as neededQualifications
- College graduate of a 4 year Business Course
- Two years or more work related experience gained from an insurance or financial services company
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and strong work ethic
- Willing to be assigned in Sta. Rosa