Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Projects team of the HK Corporate Actuarial is responsible for a wide range of assignments, including financial analyses on agency compensation and recruitment proposals, management of reinsurance and dividend framework to ensure regulatory compliance, and supporting analyses for future regulatory changes (e.g. HK RBC, Bermuda, IFRS17).
The role is responsible for providing support on the assigned projects, as well as leading small to medium sized projects if required.
- Supports the financial analyses of assigned projects. Some projects will require project management and coordination skills
- Participate in the review of new products, focusing on the dividend management and compliance to GL16
- Participate in the on-going monitoring of the reinsurance management framework and compliance to GL17
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree holder in Actuarial Science
- ASA or above
- Minimum of 3 years’ of relevant working experience in insurance industry.
- Solid actuarial knowledge and experience in valuation, financial reporting, pricing.
- Strong technical/modeling skills, knowledge or experience in Microsoft Access, VBA, AXIS an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, critical thinking.
- Attention to details.
- Good communication and project management skills.
- Always demonstrate initiatives and commitment, and able to work independently.
- Able to manage multiple and conflicting requests from various parties.
- Effective command of English, both spoken and written.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.