Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
This role manages new personal account set up for deposit, loan and investment products and handles subsequent requests once the account has been opened which include simple financial transactions and all non-financial transactions for Bank Admin business area and all non-financial transactions for Mortgage business area.
- Accountable for all in good order (IGO) transactions for new account set up while working within prescribed accuracy, productivity and service level agreements (SLAs). This includes Personal Advantage Account (US/CAD), Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA), Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), Personal Non-Registered Guaranteed Investment Certificate, RRSP Loan and Leverage Loan
- Accountable for all in good order (IGO) Inforce non-financial transactions and straightforward financial transactions for Deposit, Investment and Mortgage products.
- Index incoming faxes, emails, scanned documents in the Automated Work Distributor (AWD) system in order to route work to correct business area, work type and queue.
- Work directly with business unit in response to issues and questions regarding Manulife Bank's products and processes.
- Follow AML guidelines and ensure enhanced due to diligence is applied for Politically Exposed Person, High Risk Clients and Bank regulations
- Flexibility to work overtime during peak seasons and in high volume situations.
Minimum Skills Requirement to Hire
- Work experience in bank operations is preferred but not required
- Can read/ comprehend French document and translate to English
- College/University graduate preferably with a degree in Banking and Finance, Management, Accounting or any business-related course
- Good written and verbal communication skills using the English Language.
- Ability to clearly understand and act on presented problem statement; to comprehend, capture as well as interpret basic customer information.
- Ability to compose a grammatically correct, clear and concise email
- Minimum keyboarding skills of at least 30 words per minute. Exhibits good navigation skills.
- Candidate must have good organizational and time management skills with the ability to be flexible to changing environments and to work independently and meet tight deadlines.
- Candidate must demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Ability to apply sound judgment with strong decision making skills.
- Computer Literacy
- Ability to use the desktop computer system
- Booting and shutting down computer, using mouse and keyboard (keyboarding)
- Knowledge of browsers and relevant computer applications
- Telecommunications Data and Voice Network
- Follows simple instructions on how to log in to the phone system
- Basic telephony skills
Minimum Skills Requirements to Go-live:
- Attended Bank Orientation and completed Bank Compliance Training via compass.
- Ability to navigate bank primary tools which include PPlus, AWD, Contact Logger, Lotus Notes, DSS, Knowledge Database, Repsource- Banklink.
- Completed Production Training
- Achieved 80% in written exam and an average of at least 85% 1st Pass Accuracy Score in pre-production.
Tools Specific Knowledge:
- AWD – Automated Work Distributor.
- PPlus – Portfolio Plus.
- Client Management Module
- Retail Delivery Module
- Investment Module
- Term Deposits Module
- Loans and Mortgages Module
- Contact Logger
- Deposit e2e
- Mortgage e2e
- DSS – Distributor Support System
- Office Applications – Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Lotus Notes
Product Specific Knowledge:
- Comprehensive knowledge on the following deposit, investment and loan products:
- Personal Advantage Account
- Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC)
- RSP Loan
- Leverage Loan
- Basic understanding on Mortgage and other Loan Products
- Manulife One
- Manulife Bank Select
- Preferred Rate Mortgage
- Other Loans and Line of Credit products
Process Specific Knowledge:
- Personal Advantage Account opening via Deposit end to end and Pplus
- Investment Products (TFSA, RSP, GIC) account opening using PPlus
- Processing of simple IGO Inforce transactions for financial worktypes and all IGO processes for non-financial worktypes
- Purch – posting cheque deposits to PPlus
- Transfer in – transfer of investment funds from external Financial Institution to Manulife Bank
- Labdep – posting LAB (local area banking) deposits to PPlus
- Address change – updating client address
- Polcontrol – FATCA related processes
- Maint – other client’s requests that cannot be categorized in the above work types (setting up of PAT, changing account ownership or beneficiary, ordering access card
- FRSA – reviewing and activating Mone sub account
- Fire Insurance – reviewing existing policy and preparing Insurance Cancellation notice to client
- Tools – ordering access card, deposit slip and cheque for mortgage products
- Returnmail – filing of returned Client’s Account Statement, updating PPlus for any related changes
- Filing of Exchangfax notification
- Indexing documents received via fax, email, scanned to appropriate business area, worktype and status with complete client information on AWD CSD.
- Other straightforward processes that the BU will transition to Manila
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.